A not so good remix

I am not good remixing music but this is my first try . would be nice to get get some feedback . thanks ahead of time

i think it sounds alright, just sounds a bit too loopy, if you could get all the parts to merge into eachother in a less(heres a new loop kinda way) it would be more interesting to me :P, not that i’m a master at doing that… but i think if you wanna turn your music into an art thats where we should all be heading…

[quote]ekko (05/04/2011)[hr]i think it sounds alright, just sounds a bit too loopy, if you could get all the parts to merge into eachother in a less(heres a new loop kinda way) it would be more interesting to me :P, not that i’m a master at doing that… but i think if you wanna turn your music into an art thats where we should all be heading…[/quote]

thanks for the feedback bro . i will work on it . probably maybe merging 2 tracks would make it sounds better :smiley:

There are a couple of points I’d like to address:

• The off-beat hihat is almost making my ears hurt. That frequency is killing my ears. Is it just me? You might want to adjust the EQ on it. Or layer it with another hat that’s got more mid and beef.
  • The things you add in the first part of your song are added too quickly. Would add that snare in 0.15-0.30, would add the stab in 0.30-0.45. And those hats at the 1 minute mark.
  • Play some more with variations. Add some elements, remove some elements.
  • Unless intended, your track is missing some swing in it as well.
  • The stabby melody that comes in around 2:50 could use some envelope with an opening cutoff or something. That would increase the tension/ build up towards the break.

For the rest it’s quite a good tune for “a not so good remix” :w00t:

[quote]daniaan (05/04/2011)[hr]There are a couple of points I’d like to address:

• The off-beat hihat is almost making my ears hurt. That frequency is killing my ears. Is it just me? You might want to adjust the EQ on it. Or layer it with another hat that’s got more mid and beef.
  • The things you add in the first part of your song are added too quickly. Would add that snare in 0.15-0.30, would add the stab in 0.30-0.45. And those hats at the 1 minute mark.
  • Play some more with variations. Add some elements, remove some elements.
  • Unless intended, your track is missing some swing in it as well.
  • The stabby melody that comes in around 2:50 could use some envelope with an opening cutoff or something. That would increase the tension/ build up towards the break.

For the rest it’s quite a good tune for “a not so good remix” :w00t:[/quote]

Thanks for the Feedback bro. yaehh i am actually using a swing preset but seems that might need more swing to it wich can be arranged really easy . i will try to eq some more treble .

thanks for listening :smiley:

The underlying base of the track is pretty solid, but right now it sounds a bit linear, straight forward and predictable, you might want to introduce some of the sounds in different parts of the track, snippets with some fx (reverb/delay) then bring the complete riff/sound in later. You can vary your drums a little too in order to keep things interesting…

not a bad start man :slight_smile:

peaCe

-=D

[quote]etl (06/04/2011)[hr]The underlying base of the track is pretty solid, but right now it sounds a bit linear, straight forward and predictable, you might want to introduce some of the sounds in different parts of the track, snippets with some fx (reverb/delay) then bring the complete riff/sound in later. You can vary your drums a little too in order to keep things interesting…

not a bad start man :slight_smile:

peaCe

-=D[/quote]

thanks for the feedback . again this is a good point . i tought that my track sounded a litle bit linear. and yeahh having a snippets of the lead line with Dubbed fx sounds really a great idea. for some reason when i started to work on this remix ,i felt excited to have a loop . but after that . i felt kind of bored.

i guess that u have to feel excitement all the way till u arrange the track .

thanks so much for the feedback . :smiley: