A quick question?

Hey lads…

Whats been goin on???

I haven’t had much time to get on here lately.

Anyway… I was just wondering dose anyone know is it possible to look at 2 spectrum analyzers that are on different tracks side by side in live 8.

If its possible it would make mixing down and fitting sounds together a hell of a lot easier.

it is if you use the spectrum that some one posted up the other day. don’t think you can display two of abletons built in plugs on the same screen at the same time

to use two third party plugs you’ll need to goto

PREFERENCES > LOOK/FEEL > PLUG-IN WINDOWS > MULTIPLE PLUG-IN WINDOWS (ON)

Span is what you need and its free

use this:

[url=http://www.bluecataudio.com/Main/Home/]http://www.bluecataudio.com/Main/Home/[/url]

it’s free

The problem with Ableton is when you switch channels, whatever plug in/s are on that channel dissapear. Even if you have them opened up.

Anyone checked that with 2 monitors?

Miserable

@Roben: what do you mean?

@ICN Ableton doesn’t support dual screens, so it’s the same but as Jon said with 3rd party plugs you can move them anywhere

[quote]roben (29/07/2010)[hr]The problem with Ableton is when you switch channels, whatever plug in/s are on that channel dissapear. Even if you have them opened up.[/quote]

I dont actually have any third party analyzers…

so i just assumed what roben said would happen…

[quote]roben (29/07/2010)[hr]The problem with Ableton is when you switch channels, whatever plug in/s are on that channel dissapear. Even if you have them opened up.[/quote]

did you read what i wrote, if you did then you be able to fix the problem you are having.

do what i wrote and you can have as many plugs as you want open on the screen at any one time. :slight_smile:

Lol

[quote]jon_fisher (30/07/2010)[hr][quote]roben (29/07/2010)[hr]The problem with Ableton is when you switch channels, whatever plug in/s are on that channel dissapear. Even if you have them opened up.[/quote]

did you read what i wrote, if you did then you be able to fix the problem you are having.

do what i wrote and you can have as many plugs as you want open on the screen at any one time. :)[/quote]

I have this set as ‘On’ but still when you switch channels, the plug in’s that are popped up on screen in that channel dissapear. They only re-appear when you click back on that channel.

[quote]roben (30/07/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (30/07/2010)[hr][quote]roben (29/07/2010)[hr]The problem with Ableton is when you switch channels, whatever plug in/s are on that channel dissapear. Even if you have them opened up.[/quote]

do what i wrote and you can have as many plugs as you want open on the screen at any one time. :)[/quote]

I have this set as ‘On’ but still when you switch channels, the plug in’s that are popped up on screen in that channel dissapear. They only re-appear when you click back on that channel.[/quote]

it defiantly 100% works for me

@roben You need to turn “Auto Hide Plugin Windows” off

[quote]chrismcg (30/07/2010)[hr]@roben You need to turn “Auto Hide Plugin Windows” off[/quote]

should already be off on the default install shouldn’t it ?

haha that’l be the problem then :slight_smile:

Sorted.

Cheers guys.

video of it working anyway dude just to show im not telling porkies

[url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/2zzcug[/url]

SORTED!!!

cheers lads.

Collectively, ye are always the best source of info on the web…SOUND