A tutorial how to use sample tracks!

I purchased many Sample packs and i barely use except the one hit samples . like kicks snares and hats.

most of the sample packs come with full Drum Loops , Top loops Melodics etc.

would be nice to see how we can make a whole track using just a sample pack .

for example i seen this technique where u have a drum beat . then you ad a full drum loop. compressing the Drumloop to the point they kill the transients and sidechaining it .

so far i tried and still dont get the same results as the pros.

I think it would be a great Tutorial since many of us have tons of Sample Packs.

[quote]alinenunez (24/07/2011)[hr]I purchased many Sample packs and i barely use except the one hit samples . like kicks snares and hats.

most of the sample packs come with full Drum Loops , Top loops Melodics etc.

would be nice to see how we can make a whole track using just a sample pack .

for example i seen this technique where u have a drum beat . then you ad a full drum loop. compressing the Drumloop to the point they kill the transients and sidechaining it .

so far i tried and still dont get the same results as the pros.

I think it would be a great Tutorial since many of us have tons of Sample Packs.

[/quote]

Yep I would benefit from this! :slight_smile:

I’ve only really ever used sample CDs for drums and fx… Although I’ll have a thing about some drum loop processing stuff.

[quote]phil johnston (24/07/2011)[hr]I’ve only really ever used sample CDs for drums and fx… Although I’ll have a thing about some drum loop processing stuff.[/quote]

Thanks Phill that would be awesome

This would be a really good tutorial, looking forward to seeing what you put together Phil

If you like a loop & wanna use it - best thing to do is tidy it up with a gate. You can cut out a lot of the wetness of the loop… leaving you free to add your own fx / reverb then sidechain if ya want.

That & splitting it up into a rex (if you want to get all midi & re-arrange it & stuff).

I find when I use something - I usually go for a bar or 1.2 bar bit in the start or somewhere in the middle of the loop, where it sounds different.

If I’m using more than one loop - I’ll group them to a comp to destroy make them “fuse” together… & maybe SC. 

Just a few suggestions… :slight_smile:

thanks for the TIP ICN . but probably most of us know basic processing.

what i am looking for is advanced compressing. more like FX on Drum Loops . but thanks again for the Tip Brosky :slight_smile:

I dont know what else you could possibly do with loops apart from going all granular… all that stuff is pretty much it Mate afaik :slight_smile: :cool:

However - You’ve reminded me of something else that I do:

Sidechain comp on the loop - have a different pattern going on, rather than a 4/4 kick… maybe hit _ _ hit _ _ hit _ _ hit _ _ hit _ _ whatever sounds good. 

Have that pumping - gating… over it.

or you can use a gate on it either…

If you stick a bit of reverb on a loop - as an insert… short reverb, the comp will pull the reverb tail out. I’d probably kill all the tails in the loop to begin with (with the gate)- if it was like a perc or drum type one. You could probably add a transient designer plug after that to bring in some more of the lost attack (if it needed).

Stick whatever fx over it ya want, but the gating ties it all together. If you wanna get special - you can always split the signal, so that the lows are in mono & the tops are spread out stereo.