Ableton 9 Transient Envelope

Question for Phil I guess or anyone else that may know.br
br
I have a Ride loop in my latest track and have used the transient envelope box to dial it back from 100 to 32. That gives me nice tight hat/rides. So, I’d like to modulate this and increase it back to 100 over time to raise the energy in the loop/track at that point.br
br
I can’t seem to fine anyway to do this - to record that automation change either through manual recording or in the automation channel. If I click on that parameter it doesn’t give me an automation line to modulate.br
br
If not I’m going to have to find another way of doing it with midi and single hits I guess.

Could you do the modulation and then have another audio track on resample to record you doing the automation??

Hay James - lol - sometimes the simplest solutions are the best! I’ll give that a try when I’m back home later in the week. br
br
I was thinking I’d have to take one hit, put it into Simpler/Sampler, fiddle with the ADSR envelope, recreate the groove and so on. Over thinking it a little there!br
br
Cheersbr
Jon

I’ve had the same thought of wanting to automate the envelope.nbsp; If you record fiddling with it into an arrangement you’ll see it always starts a new block which is obviously not what we’re looking for :Pnbsp; Anyway, for something simple as a ride or hihat you could also try it with a gate, trying different settings for the release of the gate.nbsp; For more complex things like a percussion-track, it will probably not give you satisfying results because a gate doesn’t really pick up thenbsp;more complexnbsp;transients.nbsp;

[quote]jonsloan (02/07/2013)[hr]Hay James - lol - sometimes the simplest solutions are the best! I’ll give that a try when I’m back home later in the week. br
br
I was thinking I’d have to take one hit, put it into Simpler/Sampler, fiddle with the ADSR envelope, recreate the groove and so on. Over thinking it a little there!br
br
Cheersbr
Jon[/quote]br
br
Haha happens to the best of us :slight_smile: Let me know how it goes!