Ableton error message how do I remove or what did i do?

when I start live 8 I get an error message that reads “an error has occurred while opening the ReWire system. ReWire will not work properly”

have you anything else running in the background? maybe your opening 2 versions of live?

what are you trying to rewire?

im not trying to rewire anything as far as i know… most def not 2 instances running at once. this message just popped up one day and has not gone away. its not hurting anything i guess…its just annoying

[quote]djkennyaz (08/02/2011)[hr]im not trying to rewire anything as far as i know… most def not 2 instances running at once. this message just popped up one day and has not gone away. its not hurting anything i guess…its just annoying[/quote]

for a rewire message to appear, you must have another DAW open, cubase / logic / reason etc.

you installed any of these recently, or made changes to them

but it happens even when I restart the computer and live is the first thing I open. But to answer your question I only have ableton installed. Could this have happened when I removed max for live?

[quote]djkennyaz (10/02/2011)[hr]but it happens even when I restart the computer and live is the first thing I open. But to answer your question I only have ableton installed. Could this have happened when I removed max for live?[/quote]

not sure…

did it happen before you removed max for live :)?

honestly i can’t remember…too many disco biscuits anyways its all good i guess its not hurting anything its just annoying