Ableton - exporting a project

so i want to export a %60 in progress project so my friend can hear it. she says shes a music engineer? im not sure what that means but she does not produce, shes just a music engineer, maybe someone here can tell me whats that all about

and what settings do i need to apply in exporting on ableton, like what settings do the pro’s use?

she wants to hear the progress and how the mix sounds. in the arrange view, highlight with the loop markers around the whole song. go into file and export. select no dither, 24 bit, wav. hit ok. that should be good to go. Im not looking so hopefully im not off.

[quote]howiegroove (14/02/2011)[hr]she wants to hear the progress and how the mix sounds. in the arrange view, highlight with the loop markers around the whole song. go into file and export. select no dither, 24 bit, wav. hit ok. that should be good to go. Im not looking so hopefully im not off.[/quote]

Um, I would go for 16bit 44100 with dither (probbaly tri) in this senerio for compatability (this is CD quality). That said I haven’t given it much thought so I would be interested to know if I am wrong and why.

[quote]cutflow (13/02/2011)[hr]so i want to export a %60 in progress project so my friend can hear it. she says shes a music engineer? im not sure what that means but she does not produce, shes just a music engineer, maybe someone here can tell me whats that all about

and what settings do i need to apply in exporting on ableton, like what settings do the pro’s use?[/quote]

if you have any sample recored at 24 bit - 96kz then export at 24 bit and 96khz

if not and all your samples are from a sample pack and synths. just go for 44100 and 16bit.

you are not likely to hear much difference.

if you are confused by any of this.

simply select 44100 and 16 bit and click export