Ableton live 8. create a remix pack

Can anybody help me please?

i havnt put the ableton manual down for hours and still cant sort this out!!!

BASICALLY

ive had a track signed, and the label have asked me to put together a remix pack containing audio files and midi files.

I use ableton suite 8 on an apple i mac.

i recorded all the clips i wanted in to one audio track (in wav format)

33 in total. I then placed all the wav files from my live pack and in to the folder i created for the remix pack.

I then right clicked each clip i wanted the midi from and selected export midi. then sent all the midi files to the main remix pack folder.

Eventually, i zipped up the folder and uploaded to sendspace.

The recipient has told me that all the files are 82 bytes. and none of the audio or midi files work. I thought maybe this was because he uses a pc and something goes wrong with the un zipping process???

boxer

sound a little strange… why would you record all the audio u want onto one track?

as for the midis, well it up to you what you send but I would love it if when I was aksed to to a remix if I was sent the full midi’s for the whole track.

Not just little bits here and there but it hardly ever happens.

Either way I just drag and drop the midi’s out into a folder using ableton browser.

Play them back in media player or itunes to make sure they are ok.

Zipping them shouldnt damage them so I dont think its that.

I don’t think the Ableton manual is going to cover this :wink:

Have you tried to download it yourself and checked the file? It could just be that his dl failed.

If you DL the file and there is a problem, you need to check the zip you created. If that is ok, upload it again. If there is a problem make the folder again.

hey.

i used one track to record all 33 clips of audio if you get me. A seperate clip for each recording.

as for the midis, i did send all of the main midis for the synths etc. i just left out the midis for drums and percussion etc. This is all i was asked to send, and is pretty similar to remix packs i have received from other producers.

yer, i have downloaded the file myself and its working fine on my mac.

Im pretty sure the problem is somewhere between the unzipping the file.

Im pretty sure its working now, but its such a long winded way of managing the files.

surely theres got to be an easy way to create packs wihtout having to record every separate clip and export each separate midi clip.

Collect all and save?

yer. i always collect all and save.

i thought maybe i had something wrong in my preferences or something, but everythings in order.

think this might call for a tutorial request lol

[quote]BOXER (04/05/2011)[hr]Can anybody help me please?

i havnt put the ableton manual down for hours and still cant sort this out!!!

BASICALLY

ive had a track signed, and the label have asked me to put together a remix pack containing audio files and midi files.

I use ableton suite 8 on an apple i mac.

i recorded all the clips i wanted in to one audio track (in wav format)

33 in total. I then placed all the wav files from my live pack and in to the folder i created for the remix pack.

I then right clicked each clip i wanted the midi from and selected export midi. then sent all the midi files to the main remix pack folder.

Eventually, i zipped up the folder and uploaded to sendspace.

The recipient has told me that all the files are 82 bytes. and none of the audio or midi files work. I thought maybe this was because he uses a pc and something goes wrong with the un zipping process???

boxer

[/quote]

have you tried exporting the zip file yourself to see that its working?

if it is - get them to use 7zip to export

if there is still a problem, then it maybe sounds like they are trying to extract files from a zip that hasn’t finished downloading yet

Thanks for your attention guys.

Its all working now. not sure what the problem was. I did try un zipping the file myself and it worked fine on my mac.

:slight_smile:

Sounds like an issue their end to me, we call it PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer :wink:

I might not be understanding correctly, but I believe you can simply bounce all the tracks out as separate tracks from the export audio command in your task bar. I don’t think you had to go through all the trouble of recording each track as a separate audio file. Of course, the problem would be the size of the wave files, especially if you have 33 of them! That would be a big zip file…

J