Ableton Live Ping Pong Delay

I love the simplicity and sound of Abletons' Ping Pong Delay. I like Ableton but I tend to use Logic Pro more often for full on arrangement. Logic has some great delays of course but not a dedicated Ping Pong delay. Anyone have any suggestions for an AU or VST that would do the trick?

What about rewiring? You could have the best of both worlds. If you wanna save CPU, rewire/bounce/“unrewire”

should be able to get the same results with logics tape delay (i think thats the one)

Thanks for the responses guys.

Jon, in fact that is exactly what I use to get the delay and then I use Logic’s Tremolo plugin to get the panning that a ping pong delay would have but it still doesn’t sound as good as a nice simple ping pong delay like Ableton’s.

After watching the Reaktor tutorial on here I’m thinking perhaps I could try to emulate a ping pong delay with similar functionality as Ableton’s with Reaktor. Worth a shot anyway.

To get abletons ping pong delay it would probs best to re-wire it. Then when you’re happy with the sound, just extract your ping ponged part/s into audio so you dont have to keep running ableton

maybe try and set up a simple ping pong delay in delay designer and then save the patch for total recall.

[quote]roben (12/17/2009)[hr]To get abletons ping pong delay it would probs best to re-wire it. Then when you’re happy with the sound, just extract your ping ponged part/s into audio so you dont have to keep running ableton[/quote]

Personally, I would advise against this. PingPong is a pretty heavy delay. Unless you are using it for shimmer, you shouldn’t have it on all the time. As a matter of fact, I would map the feedback and the wet/dry to a macro and modulate it over time to create excitement and builds within my mix.