Ableton problem

Hey!

I have a problem in ableton, after i watched the “how to make dance music in live” turorial, i started to play around with some beats in session view. After i a while i wanted to sort everything up and arrenge them to be able to see some kind of result and see how you can build it up. The problem is that if i click on impulse with a drum beat for an example, click and drag this to the arrengement view, it seem that i cant drop it there…its only a ring with a crossed line over it instead of my arrow pointer. So i cant drop it there and start arranging like in the tutorial!

How come?

Thanks!

Make sure you are draging the clip to the right track on the arrange page.

You can also just hit record and play the clip and it will be in the arrange view.

[quote]phil johnston (23/10/2010)[hr]Make sure you are draging the clip to the right track on the arrange page.

You can also just hit record and play the clip and it will be in the arrange view.[/quote]

but i try to drag it to the whole arrengement area and cant drop it any were!

I want this to work otherwise this is useless!

[quote]Krille1 (24/10/2010)[hr][quote]phil johnston (23/10/2010)[hr]Make sure you are draging the clip to the right track on the arrange page.

You can also just hit record and play the clip and it will be in the arrange view.[/quote]

but i try to drag it to the whole arrengement area and cant drop it any were!

I want this to work otherwise this is useless![/quote]

you have to drag the clip - not the intstrument to the arrangement window - check out our Making Music With Ableton Intro course to get a basic understanding of using ableton - this should help as it includes dragging clips between windows