Ableton separate mixer window

Anyone know of a magical way to separate Abletons windows so you can freely have say the chain panel on your right monitor whilst having a full arrangement window on your left monitor for example? Anyone know if there are plans for this to be a future feature if its not possible?

A hammer! :wink:

Dont know Mate. Wouldnt be a power user by any stretch of the imagination - but I’m sure that I’ve heard Jon or someone say that there isnt.

Seems like an obvious thing. Would be cool if you could do screensets. Hit a key & bring up what you have saved to that “window”.

1. Arrange

2. Mixer

3. Sample Browser / Session

4. Spectrum Analyer / Mastering Chain

5. Whatever.

[quote]ICN (06/11/2010)[hr]A hammer! :wink:

Dont know Mate. Wouldnt be a power user by any stretch of the imagination - but I’m sure that I’ve heard Jon or someone say that there isnt.

Seems like an obvious thing. Would be cool if you could do screensets. Hit a key & bring up what you have saved to that “window”.

1. Arrange

2. Mixer

3. Sample Browser / Session

4. Spectrum Analyer / Mastering Chain

5. Whatever.[/quote]

Ok, I tried the hammer thing and … you owe me some money!!! :w00t:

It does seem like a major oversite on the ableton crew’s part! Maybe it’ll be part of the mysterious ableton live 9 otherwise I’m off to Germany to kick some ***! :crazy:

I think this definitely deserves a Versailles Treaty II.

Its that ****ing serious.

:hehe:

[quote]ICN (06/11/2010)[hr]I think this definitely deserves a Versailles Treaty II.

Its that ****ing serious.

:hehe:

[/quote]

I’m prepared to go to war over this! I’m recruiting if anyone’s interested … so far its me and my labradoodle :unsure:

Cool. We’ll send him over on a Reccy to get all the info we need to succeed.

[quote]ICN (06/11/2010)[hr]Cool. We’ll send him over on a Reccy to get all the info we need to succeed.[/quote]

Its a girl dog and she’s in season, or for all the lay man out there “on the blob” so she’s proper snappy at the moment n all! Perfect! :smiley:

Would be great if we could do this! I mean it is great and all that we can see everything in one page anyways, but would be nice to free up the arrangement window a bit.

I guess that’s one of the pro’s of Logic.

I would just dreaming that someone could make this happen for me! :slight_smile:

Lets see what the future brings! :satisfied:

@Gav  - haha!

Perfect - Doesnt need training :D

Does anyone know any more info on live 9?

No news that I know of. Last thing I remember reading is that the creator was aware of issues with version 8 and wasn’t planning to release another version until everything was sorted!

Been ages now!! Come on Ableton … pull your finger out!!

there is a way…

get an iPad and Touchable or TouchOsc and you will have a separate mixer window :slight_smile:

rather on the costly side tho…lol

this is one of my biggest pet peeves!

I love ableton but I can’t stand that you have to do everything within it’s one window interface.

Especially when using drum racks, it’s so annoying that I have to be confined to the lower part of my workstation.

lets petition this to ableton. (get’s his torch lit) Who’s with me!? :hehe:

I’m in! … RELEASE THE LABRADOODLE!!!

I am with you on ths one - hopefully 9 will sort this

[quote]jjdejong0 (06/11/2010)[hr]Does anyone know any more info on live 9?[/quote]

they are still hiring more developers for Live 9. My guess is 4th quarter 2011. maby…