Ableton Suite 8 audio engine static

It’s been something i’ve noticed since re-installing Ableton since formatting and moving to Windows 7 64bit, but when i play stuff through Ableton i get a static sound from parts of my audio, especially the kick.

It’s really irritating.

I’ve tried to Google a resolve and spent a good hour or so looking through everything that came back on the matter, but nothing’s really explained a resolve.

I’ve had a play around with adjusting the input and output buffer sizes, i also tried changing the driver type to ASIO but still nothing’s helped.

Anyone know a resolve to this?

is teh sound there when you export? can you post a sample of the sound?

what soundcard you running? is there a 64 bit version of ableton?

[quote]phil johnston (29/11/2010)[hr] is there a 64 bit version of ableton?[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing !!

[quote]alinenunez (29/11/2010)[hr][quote]phil johnston (29/11/2010)[hr] is there a 64 bit version of ableton?[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing !![/quote]

No, well last time I checked. Does seem rather strange this crackle

[quote]phil johnston (29/11/2010)[hr]is teh sound there when you export? can you post a sample of the sound?

what soundcard you running? is there a 64 bit version of ableton?[/quote]

No it doesn’t happen on the audio when I export, only seems to be when I play within Ableton.

I’m using the M Audio audiophile 2496 soundcard, the exact same one as I used before the format and upgrade.

Just had a quick Google search, doesn’t look like there is a 64 bit version? :ermm:

So strange.

[quote]Roben (29/11/2010)[hr][quote]phil johnston (29/11/2010)[hr]is teh sound there when you export? can you post a sample of the sound?

what soundcard you running? is there a 64 bit version of ableton?[/quote]

No it doesn’t happen on the audio when I export, only seems to be when I play within Ableton.

I’m using the M Audio audiophile 2496 soundcard, the exact same one as I used before the format and upgrade.

Just had a quick Google search, doesn’t look like there is a 64 bit version? :ermm:

So strange.[/quote]

Wierd rob as I now have the same set up and not having any problems - have you tried Abletons forum?

Yeah, all the links went to the Ableton forums but nothing posted was a solution for me.

Perhaps i’ll try posting up a thread with them instead, I just hate joining forums lol, SA is the only one i use.

[quote]Roben (29/11/2010)[hr]Yeah, all the links went to the Ableton forums but nothing posted was a solution for me.

Perhaps i’ll try posting up a thread with them instead, I just hate joining forums lol, SA is the only one i use.[/quote]

I wonder if its your souncard - and we’re the only forum that takes in charity cases :stuck_out_tongue:

Thing is, if it was my soundcard then i’d probably get the issues outside of Ableton as well. Which I don’t. I’ll try downloading the driver again, but not sure it’ll make a difference.

Sounds like a driver problem to me. It might be that Ableton is the only program you have that uses the Asio driver ratehr than the direct X one that Windows and most other applications would use.

If you have other programs that use the Asio driver and they don’t have the problem then maybe it isn’t the driver, but it is easy to unistall and reinstall a driver so I would have a go at it anyway.

Already tried that and that’s not it :frowning:

Have put a post up on the Ableton forums now so hopefully someone will have a solution.