Ableton tempo

hi,

is there anyway that you can set ableton to set its BPM to fit with an imported track rather than ableton warping the track to conform with the session tempo

Hi,

Yes. If you un-check the warp button on the audio clip it will play back that clip at the original speed regardless of what you have Ableton’s BPM set to.

OR if you warp mark the audio clip it will give you the BPM of the clip, you can then set Ableton’s BPM to the same number.

cheers mate!

or you can just make ableton slave to the file you import… just click master in the audio warping box. that will slave abeltons tempo to the warp markers.

Does this work with tracks with massive tempo variation?

For example. I’ve tried using Live to Dj with the Freemasons club mix of Kelly Rowland ‘Work’. Which drops from 128 down to 10-something bpm. getting Live to follow the change in tempo proved impossible. But this may do it…

[quote]EdwardRyan (01/09/2010)[hr]Does this work with tracks with massive tempo variation?

For example. I’ve tried using Live to Dj with the Freemasons club mix of Kelly Rowland ‘Work’. Which drops from 128 down to 10-something bpm. getting Live to follow the change in tempo proved impossible. But this may do it…[/quote]

Really? 128bpm down to 10bpm or 100bpm? This doesn’t sound right to me at all. I had a quick listen on youtube and I couldn’t hear any change in tempo. Maybe something has gone a bit mad with your warping?

[quote]TheAnt (02/09/2010)[hr][quote]EdwardRyan (01/09/2010)[hr]Does this work with tracks with massive tempo variation?

For example. I’ve tried using Live to Dj with the Freemasons club mix of Kelly Rowland ‘Work’. Which drops from 128 down to 10-something bpm. getting Live to follow the change in tempo proved impossible. But this may do it…[/quote]

Really? 128bpm down to 10bpm or 100bpm? This doesn’t sound right to me at all. I had a quick listen on youtube and I couldn’t hear any change in tempo. Maybe something has gone a bit mad with your warping?[/quote]

Actually I take it all back, sorry. I have just found the version you are talking about and it slows right down in the middle. Mental. I don’t know why they did that, it sounds s***.

I think if I wanted to play that I would warp mark the start and the end, where I am going to mix, and not worry about the middle bit.