Abletons Remote Scripts

First post, I'd like to share a tip, kinda my way of saying hi to the community.
Been a member here for a few weeks & have enjoyed the tutorials a lot..
@S.A. thanks guys.

The instructions following came about using a Mac OS 10.5.8 Leopard machine,
so for PC users continue reading I'm just not sure around windows file path directory.

There is a file situated at 'User/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live 8.x/User remote scripts/[b]UserConfiguration.txt[/b]

Copy this file to the desktop, it is your Ableton remote script that allows you to make a few controller assignments enabling any controller to behave as if it were a MPC40, quickly picking up on any of lives devices and controlling the first 8 parameters offered instantly. Here is how to set it up.....

Open the 'user configuration.txt' file you copied to the desktop ..
You'll see a lot of old scribble.. scroll down to where it lists the 'encoders' e.g.
encoder1: -1
encoder2: -1
encoder3: -1
encoder4: -1
encoder5: -1
encoder6: -1
encoder7: -1
encoder8: -1

now match the number where it says -1 to your controller number e.g.
encoder1: 24
encoder2: 25
encoder3: 26
encoder4: 27
encoder5: 28
encoder6: 29
encoder7: 30
encoder8: 31
now save this file.

From the desktop,
make a folder and call it the same name as your controller e.g. Korg Kontrol 49
& place this userconfiguration.txt file into it.
Now place this folder into 'User/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live 8.x/User remote scripts.. alongside the original 'Userconfiguration.txt file.

For proper midi handshaking between devices the name of this folder must match the name of your controller so if your not sure, open your OS midi manager and check what the OS Midi manager is calling your controller and simply copy that name to the name folder. Done.

From here open Ableton, open preferences, hit the midi sync tab
Under control surface select your controller, under input select the appropriate port &
do the same for the output tab.
Under midi ports hit both the track & remote buttons to on status.

Comment.
To have this control using any midi device that sends cc's is a joy really.
Using Abletons Macro knobs mapped to the many parameters in your rack really does
kinda turn you on.
So time to dust off the ald box with knobs & start tweaking yal.

I'm Lenners,
enjoy ;)

cool first post.thanks