Above and beyond style

Hey guys just wondering if it would be possible to get a tute that resembled the above and beyond style, you know from people like Mat Zo , above and beyond etc.

or

or

:D cheers guys i don't want to sound like forceful or anything just wondering if it would be possible ;)

ooooo yes please

+1

what about these songs do you want to learn? what i have found is if you want to learn how to sound like someone else, pop the track in your sequencer, take out your cutting tool and get to analyzing the elements of the track. learning how to analyze a track will get you 100 times farther than waiting for a tutorial to show up on sonic academy…

#justsayin:cool:

J.HiZ that’s what i already do except there are the finer details that i am unable to figure out and my hoping that a tute will high light those finer details that i can’t figure out, so your point is valid, and i just want to expand my knowledge base with another tute, and if you read my comment properly i never said DO IT NOW , i said i don’t want to sound forceful or anything so my intent is just if its possible not telling everyone to drop what they are doing and do a tute now.

So chill man, never meant any harm :wink:

+1

I love A&B’s sound (and Mat Zo)–they tend to put more melodic lines in their work–would love to see a tut on them go into progressive buildups and break downs leading to an A-B melody song structure at final climax.

+1 for this tutuorial

Anjuna-style beats yes please… Michael Cassette??? YES PLEASE!!! :smiley:

every1 wants this porg trance tutorial :slight_smile: been asking 4 ages!!! cmon S.A!!!do it for us trance heads!!!x

Yeah @lattetown that’s what i love about Mat Zo and A&B they are more melodic, i have been trying to replicate them for some time just can’t seem to get it :P, you pretty much summed up what i wanted to say.

@bigboyblunden i noticed there was heaps of prog.trance topics so i thought why not post some vids so people got a good understanding, of what i think most us prog.trance people want :).

+1

p.s sorry for the long reply , S.A forum admins i don’t get emails every time someone posts, is it possible to fix this i even clicked to receive email notification when a new post has been posted.

• 1 again

try doing some remixes guys, chek our nonstop2k for the midi’s and remix, use the orginial as a ghost track and work on your synths etc like i did with this remix of sushi by 7 skies. I got very close with regards to sounds and keep my own style of build up etc etc. check it out:

7 Skies - Sushi (Wayne’s just for fun remix) by Wayne Fontaine

deffinetly need this tutorial…

Big demand for proggy trance

@gofunk farr not bad for just for fun remix must admit why don’t you make the tute ?? That was very authentic sounds man i am envious :stuck_out_tongue: lol hehe . But yeah def man i reckon you should be recommended as the guy to do the tute :smiley:

@BOXER i reckon!! massively big demand on Prog Trance :smiley:

If you agree guys just post a +1 or leave a comment :smiley:

Thanks–I could see a prog trance tutorial could repackage some of the music theory tuts to show how to structure leads, chords, and use effects to add interest every 4 bars, how to do a counter melody (maj/min shift) after 8-12 bars, modulate and buildup to a new variation on the main melody after 16.

I mean this is what Ableton is made for

[quote]dfuzion (06/04/2011)[hr]@gofunk farr not bad for just for fun remix must admit why don’t you make the tute ?? That was very authentic sounds man i am envious :stuck_out_tongue: lol hehe . But yeah def man i reckon you should be recommended as the guy to do the tute :smiley:

@BOXER i reckon!! massively big demand on Prog Trance :smiley:

If you agree guys just post a +1 or leave a comment :D[/quote]

lol I would do a tut if they asked me but I’m no where near good enough yet mate I dont think

would like to see some marcel woods, w&W, wippenberg or marco v

[quote]deanmau5 (12/04/2011)[hr]would like to see some marcel woods, w&W, wippenberg or marco v

[/quote]

To me those videos have a totally different feel than Anjunabeats TATW…they were pretty repetitive. Above & Beyond tend to use vocals more and have an uplifting feel.

[url]http://www.anjunabeats.com/videos/[/url]

Marcel Woods is good i have to say , but i agree with @Lattetown totally different feel from Above and Beyond i tend to listen specifically to A&B albums because its feel is totally different from other trance tracks, and A&B tracks feel real spacious , but spacious enough to feel that the track is filled not empty, Woods stuff feels more minimal orientated , i think anyway, i could be wrong :slight_smile:

my closest attempt to A&B style i think anyway let me know what you guys think :slight_smile:

Overtake by DenSity FuZion

Count me in on this