Access Virus Ti Polar

just got it. and this is how i feel

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

and yes it’s the dark star limited edition :w00t::w00t:

was thinking about getting a dsi prophet 08 or virus ti. totally different i know but interesting to hear about how you feel about the virus. what style are you using it for?

[quote]cosmic_artistry (06/08/2012)[hr]was thinking about getting a dsi prophet 08 or virus ti. totally different i know but interesting to hear about how you feel about the virus. what style are you using it for?[/quote]

trance only!!

sick of layering a thousands parts to fill the spectrum and to get lush full sounds.

this was a long time in the making. currently taking lessons right now with a mastering engineer who did some of the install tutorials for access virus.

i was going to get the Ti a couple of years back but i felt it was a little to much for me at the time. felt like i would be in over my head with such a heavy weight of a synth. before i bought the Polar now i’ve made sure i have sound design lessons lined up. i want to know everything this thing can do.

it’s extremely expensive but worth it’s weight in gold!!

as soon as you practice a little bit with one and start going through some of the presets and just kind of playing around with it you can instantly tell there is big difference between this and a soft synth.

What lessons are you taking mate - would be interested in doing something similar - are you finding them useful etc?

[quote]davidmclean (07/08/2012)[hr]What lessons are you taking mate - would be interested in doing something similar - are you finding them useful etc?[/quote]

the biggest benifit is that you can ask instant questions through out the lesson and trust me I have a ton of them. Online tutorials are great but just being able to ask someone in real time and not feeling like and idiot becaucse you don’t know is worth it.

my lessons have been all over the map some what. worked on compresson, a little sound design a little mastering. which plugins are good which ones are great. what synths are good and which ones are crap.

the virus should be here either today or tommorrow and I’ve told him that the rest of my lessons(6)hours I want to be on sound design with the Virus.

i would do it david if you can because if you find somebody that knows what there talking about then they can show you what to do in a very generel way. rules but no rules if that makes any sense. :wink:

I’m surprised to hear you say the Virus is clearly better than any soft synths - i’ve heard lots of pro’s say soft synths like Sylenth are pretty much as good as a Virus?

[quote]davidmclean (07/08/2012)[hr]I’m surprised to hear you say the Virus is clearly better than any soft synths - i’ve heard lots of pro’s say soft synths like Sylenth are pretty much as good as a Virus?[/quote]

anybody who can’t afford the virus or can’t justify spending the money will say that soft synths are just as good.

i’m sure some of those pros your’re talking about can mimic some of the sounds in virus but i’m sure it would take a lot more work… and even then i’m sure it would’nt sound as good.

but hey don’t take my word for it. have you played around on one??:w00t:

[quote]willidaniel (07/08/2012)[hr][quote]davidmclean (07/08/2012)[hr]I’m surprised to hear you say the Virus is clearly better than any soft synths - i’ve heard lots of pro’s say soft synths like Sylenth are pretty much as good as a Virus?[/quote]

anybody who can’t afford the virus orcan’t justify spending the money will say that soft synths are just as good.

i’m sure some of those pros your’re talking aboutcan mimic some of the sounds in virus but i’m sure it would take a lot more work… and even then i’m sure it would’nt sound as good.

but hey don’t take my word for it. have you played around on one??:w00t:[/quote]

Well, they would be right, simply because the Virus is also a softsynth. The only difference is that the Virus also comes with it’s own computer.

virus is a no brainer.

you get the best of both worlds

I really dont think theres is any big advantage soundwise with hardware synths and ive had tons over the years.

The one big disadvantage which the virus ti solves to an extent is saving presets with your project.

It used to be a nightmare trying to save and recall all the right patches.

The other thing is that every synth has a distinct sound and is generally good a particular type of sound. So having just one synth can be limiting.

If i was spending 1k on synths id have

ANA

Uhe - diva

Trillian

Omnisphere

ABL 2

Korg M1

The one good thing with a main hardware synth is you get to know it inside out so you learn more about synthesis.

Maybe we should do some sort of a hardware vs software challange.

Thanks for the reply Phil!!

Next on my soft synth hit list would have to be Trillian Bass Module, that thing looks sweet.

challenge sounds o’ so fun!!:D:w00t:

i’d personally like to throw my virus ti in the ring

I have to say that Sylenth (for example), does sound awesome when you program it well - when i first got it and dialled up some of the presets i was blown away!

Having said that - i’ve never had the opportunity to play around with a Virus - so i can’t make a direct comparison!

I’ve had a virus for years, but unfortunately don’t use it as much as I should.

It’s a great synth and deff has its own sound, but it’s a complete frequency hog!!! and over the years has been notoriously bug ridden. Warning - don’t ever download the betas!!!

Oh - The gui is brilliant to work with as well.

But for some reason I continually use U-He Zebra on all my projects.

Zebra does it all. Hands down.

Except Dubstep and some Electro sounds which I often use Massive for.

Enjoy your TI mate - you’ll get lost in it for years! It’s a beatiful bit of kit. :slight_smile:

[quote]rmallam (10/08/2012)[hr]Enjoy your TI mate - you’ll get lost in it for years! It’s a beatiful bit of kit. :)[/quote]

thanks!

yea for what i spent on the virus i could have bought muisc radar’s top 5 soft synths and still would have enough to shop some more.

BUT… i was ready to jump into the world of analog or in virus’s case virtual analog.

the biggest selling piece is the total intergration and the sound of course. because if you’re used to working with soft synths it makes for a good transition or intergration.

no.2 on music radar soft synth list: ZEBRA! nice one you got there!:w00t:

I have the desktop TI2 and love it, find it hard when working in studios that don’t have one as it is my go to synth so it goes most places with me if I am working away from mine!

:cool: