Accessibility for Visually Impaired Users

Hello!

I’ve never posted on this forum before, but because the new update of ANA 2 was released last week, I’d like to open a thread about accessibility for visually impaired users.
The ANA 2 interface is now visible to a screen reader and as a blind user with VoiceOver on the Mac I can see a lot of switches, sliders and tables. I am very happy about that, it is now much easier to use ANA 2.
Many elements are easy to use, but others are not labeled. So sometimes I don’t know exactly what I’m doing when I press a button or move a slider.
I would be very happy if the accessibility could be improved with the next updates. I would like to help and with this thread maybe give tips on what could be made better. I’m not the only blind ANA 2 user, here in Germany I know 3 other people who would certainly like to help and post in this thread.

Many Thaks!

Nyhdroe

2 Likes

Would love to help improve the accessibility. Drop me an PM and let me know what we can do to improve things.

Sorry, but I’m not able to send you a PM. I can’t find a message system on your profile. Perhaps you can PM me?

Hello, I’ve recently updated my ana2 installation on my mac. I initially bought ana2 because it was at least able to navigate presets back and forth with standard logic pro key commands, but now i am really excited, since my Screen Reader can recognize more Buttons and sliders. As a Quickstart, the buttons and sliders can be properly labeled and grouped in a sort of sub-window structure, like in surge xt, and the refx products, so filters, the mixer, the mod-matrix and the oscilator section have their own group and such. I’d be glad to help testing, since i am myself totally blind. So drop me a line, when you’re about to pick up this task in aproving accessibility. Thanks, and best Regards. Attila.