Adjusting the swing on for the HTSL Minimal Tech House tutorial...Help please :)

Hi all

I’ve just started the HTSL Minimal Tech House on SA and am struggling to get the right swing in the first video about drums

Ive noticed this tutorial was done in Ableton 7 and im using 8, and was wondering if somebody could give me some guidance on how to go about getttin the same swing as used in Ableton 7…

Its in the drum section tutorial and starts at about 2mins 40…

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Elzo

I dont use Ableton. but i am sure that you can extract the Groove from any track and use it in your track . check it out the tech tips they have some videos how to extract Groove in Ableton

go to your groove library folder in the left hand side and go to the swing folder and choose the one that sounds best to you:) i usually use the swing 16-1 to 16-3 grooves

make sure to be very careful about using your swing. when you use them on one set of drums, make sure you use them on everything or it might not sound right. just be wary and listen carefully.

[quote]howiegroove (18/02/2010)[hr]make sure to be very careful about using your swing. when you use them on one set of drums, make sure you use them on everything or it might not sound right. just be wary and listen carefully.[/quote]

good advise howard but you could also try mixing two different swing elements, i found that i can get some really chunky grooves doing it

[quote]jon_fisher (20/02/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (18/02/2010)[hr]make sure to be very careful about using your swing. when you use them on one set of drums, make sure you use them on everything or it might not sound right. just be wary and listen carefully.[/quote]

good advise howard but you could also try mixing two different swing elements, i found that i can get some really chunky grooves doing it[/quote]

I dont swing that way…

Get it???

Swing that way…

yeahhhhh :cool:

[quote]howiegroove (20/02/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (20/02/2010)[hr][quote]howiegroove (18/02/2010)[hr]make sure to be very careful about using your swing. when you use them on one set of drums, make sure you use them on everything or it might not sound right. just be wary and listen carefully.[/quote]

good advise howard but you could also try mixing two different swing elements, i found that i can get some really chunky grooves doing it[/quote]

I dont swing that way…

Get it???

Swing that way…

yeahhhhh :cool:[/quote]

silly boy :stuck_out_tongue: