Agnelli and Nelson - Everyday (Original mix)

Chris,br
br
I would really love to know how you made the pads for Everyday. It is the type of pads I want to use in my music but always struggle making them sound well you know, like a choon!br
br
Thanks for any tips and pointers

Hi Spoon242,br
Thanks for the post. The main pad is actually very easy to make. Get any synth with at least two ocs and select saw waveforms for both, detune very slightly and soften the attack and have a little release of around 400ms. These are often called ‘saw pad’ ‘analog pad’ or ‘soft pad’. br
br
Chords are Dm, C, Gbr
br
Hope this helps br
br
Chris

Thanks for getting back to me Chris.br
br
Sounds easy enough.br
when you talk of the attack, is that on the amp or filter envelopes?br
I have been using really long attacks to bring in the chords changes slowly and then changing the modulation up and down to add feel. I love filtered down strings too where this works really well.br
br
I’m just not getting goose bumps yet…br
br
br
Thanks Julian

on the amp env, no filter modulation on the pads - I take it is this pad you talking about br

[quote]chris agnelli (19/09/2013)[hr]Hi Spoon242,BRThanks for the post. The main pad is actually very easy to make. Get any synth with at least two ocs and select saw waveforms for both, detune very slightly and soften the attack and have a little release of around 400ms. These are often called ‘saw pad’ ‘analog pad’ or ‘soft pad’. BRBRChords are Dm, C, GBRBRHope this helps BRBRChris[/quote]/PPman thats cool! thanks for sharing chris! everday is one of my all time fav tracks!:slight_smile:

I love it too, great memories hearing thumping out of my decks and down at Bagleys nightclub. Nice record to mix with and a proper tune!

Any chance of sharing how that arp at the breakdown was done? Sounds amazing. Takes me back to the days of mad house parties with my best mates (my technics 1210’s) lol br
br
Sick tune! Can’t believe I have never made the connection it was you! Haha. Well done on producing an absolute classic anthem!

that Arp is just a basic SAW arp slightly detuned as well, use filter amp with the decay up slightly to give it that plucky attack. they’re also some release as when the filter opens up you can hear it.