All my gear is gone!

**** man. That is horrible. You made me think about if my gear was stolen. I’m sure none of us are rich, so, that is your time and money just taken from you. I hate uneducated people who do this ****.

Did you have songs you were working on that are now gone? I’ve always been scared of this happening to me. I live in place where people are more often uneducated then educated and I fear that I’m going to get my equipment jacked too. **** uneducated people who cant get a job and have to resort to stealing. What kind of morons breaks someone’s door down and risk their lives for a ***** studio of equipment.

If it makes you feel better, I just got hit by somone who did not have insurance and had to pay a 500 dollar deductable and lost my jetta to being totaled. Now I’m about to get a damn corolla. Man does life suck sometimes.

[quote]samuelalbritton (8/5/2009)[hr]If it makes you feel better, I just got hit by somone who did not have insurance and had to pay a 500 dollar deductable and lost my jetta to being totaled. Now I’m about to get a damn corolla. Man does life suck sometimes.[/quote]

At least a Corolla will be easier to fix than a Jetta!

Same thing happened to BT (Brian). Twice! They stole his completed album before it was released which probably sucked worse than losing all the equipment. I think he lost around 100k worth of equipment.

You have to have some security if you have a real studio! Totally sucks to get ripped off!

No way I could afford a 1000 deductible even if I had insurance on my stuff so I feel ya…

I just found out today that I am covered for up to $2500 for computers. The problem is that my computers total $4700. That’s a $2200 hit just on the computers. :frowning:

Woah Sorry to hear mate. :frowning:

we will see what they say though. i might just be jumping the gun.

f$@k that howie didn’t you forget to tell them about the £30k Rolex i got you for your birthday is missing :wink:

I talked to my bowling teamate (who’s retired), and he told me that since I just purchased my desktop less than two weeks ago, they will probably give me full value for that and give me more of a fair market value for the two laptops. I’m crossing my fingers.

If there are any religious people in here, say a prayer for a brotha!

we’ve all got our fingers crossed for ya dude :slight_smile: .

Hey guys… so here is an update to whats going on…

I broke down and purchased a Macbook Pro yesterday from Apple and it should be delivered this week. Everything else, I am going to wait till the check comes from the insurance. Who knows how much they are going to give me on it. We shall find out.

On the burglary front, there is a possibility that they caught the mother fckers that stole my sht. The story goes like this…

I talked to the officer that originally came out for the burglary because we had to add a couple things to the report. He told me that there was an undercover officer in our neighborhood (which I new about) looking for the car that was involved in mine and a few other burglaries. It just so happened that that car rolled around my neighborhood and the police pulled them over. There were 3 men in the car, one was a juvenile which happened to have an alibi for my burglary. The other two men didn’t. They searched the car and found a laptop that matched the description of another laptop from another burglary in my city. They called the lady who’s laptop matched the description and asked for her password and VIOLA!!!.. They got into the computer.

Those a**holes are now sitting in the comfort of a jail cell and I hope they are getting butt raped by a 350 pound inmate named Bubba. I will keep everyone up to date on what happens. Thank you everyone for your support and wishes.:slight_smile:

Bubba says Nice one!

Best of luck with your new Gear Mate! :smiley:

Now… If only Apple did replacement disks for registered customers?

I wonder if they do for a nominal fee?

Well…I was lucky that I backed everything up.

[quote]howiegroove (8/10/2009)[hr]Well…I was lucky that I backed everything up.[/quote]

Sweet!

but dont get me wrong…it still sucks!

Good luck follows bad luck and vice versa. I just hope something wonderfull happens for you soon Howie.

I never thought I’d utter these harrowing words but:

GO ANL RPE!

[quote]bouffont (8/11/2009)[hr]I never thought I’d utter these harrowing words but:

GO ANL RPE![/quote]

LMFAO!!!

Just an update, I just received my Macbook Pro today from FedEx. I’m updating the computer from my backup as we speak. I’ll let everyone know what the insurance company says.

Alright guys, here is the breakdown of everything. Its finally done and over with, and let me tell you that insurance f*cking sucks big time!. I basically got only 60% value of the total amount of the claim. In other words, if I claimed $10,000, I only received $6,000. My claim was for over $10,000.

So a few things to remember…

• Insurances are a business and they are trying to remain profitable. In other words, the only one getting screwed is you.

• Make sure to schedule any extras on your policy. In other words, make sure that if you have $5,000 in computers and you only have $2500 coverage, pay a few bucks extra to cover the rest.

In the end it was a learning experience and it looks like I’m gonna have to pay more money out of my own pocket just to get the gear back that I already bought once.

Thanks for listening everyone, it really is a family on this website.

-Howard

no problems dude and now you have the insurance payment when do you want me to send the rest of your gear back :w00t:

only joking! glad you’ve got it sorted now bud

Thanks, but it still blows!