All my gear is gone!

Hey guys. My wife came home today from the gym and the grocery store and when she got home, the door was kicked in. While she was gone and I was at work, the came in and took my 2 week old 24 inch iMac, MacBook, APC40, my xbox, my wifes jewelry, and some other things worth almost 10k dollars. I won’t be making music for a while but I will still give any bit of knowledge and contribute how I can to the site. If you have a studio, I highly suggest you get yourself an alarm. I highly recommend it.

Howie,

I don’t know you but am really sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. I know how hard it is to build up a studio. I hope you get back on your feet again soon . Best of luck.

ok … we won’t let you like that : I give 30 euros … who’s next ?

If we all give a bit howie will be able to buy some new stuff …

This can appear odd to you the way I’m saying it but why not to try ?

Plz Bryan or Phil , help us to make it.:slight_smile:

Yea, set up a paypal donation and i’ll make a contribution.

cool electroatic…

come on fellaz let’s improve your karma …:smiley:

**** Man that’s the worst thing i could ever think of, was it all insured howard?

man i feel so gutted for you, can remember how happy you were talking about getting this gear only a handful of weeks ago on ichat.

hope you find the f*&ks that did this and break a few bones

[quote]highfy (8/4/2009)[hr]ok … we won’t let you like that : I give 30 euros … who’s next ?

If we all give a bit howie will be able to buy some new stuff …

This can appear odd to you the way I’m saying it but why not to try ?

Plz Bryan or Phil , help us to make it.:)[/quote]

yeah i am in with that should have some cash soon and i’ll send you my un-used samples and plug-ins

Duuude, that sucks big hairy ones, tell me you have contents insurance!

Hey guys, thank you all very much for your concern and wishes. I do have home owners insurance and I will get money back but in the end, who knows exactly how much they are going to give me. Karma will come back to bite these m-fers in one way or another. There is a possibility that they are sorry they ever stole my mac. I subscribe to mobile me and if they get to wifi, the MacBook will log where it is through IP. Gotta love apple!

I’m sure I’ll get money back but the $1000 deductable sucks. Well, thank you very much fir your prayers(if you’re spiritual) and your wishes. This just strenghtens my belief that this is a family. It is 6 am here and the door guy will be here in a few hours to repair the door frame that was busted to bits. I will keep everyone in the loop as to what’s going on with insurance and everything.

So if there is a way you would like to contribute, for now just make a new track called “Howie got his gear jacked… Those bastards will pay” or something catchy like that.

Thank you again for everything everyone!

OMG WTF!!?!

This is not cool man!!! I’m so f*cking angry right now.

Why do people have to do things like this to other people? I hope they rot in hell. Karma will hit them right where it hurts one day, i promise you this.

I hope you get everything back on your insurance. The crazy thing is that they kicked in your door, do you think they may have known you had all that gear in there??

No. From what the police told me, it was a professional job. They used gloves. And there has been a string of burglaries in the general area on an average of one per day. It just sucks that I have to pay $1000 to get a partial amount of my money back.

Terrible news mate, really sorry to here that. Cant imagine how you must feel.

Dont know how your insurance works but I would say you had every piece of software under the sun installed on it, was maxed out with ram and you had a high end apogee soundcard! Try to make a positive from a negative, if possible :unsure:

Have you bothered looking at craigslist yet to see if it has started showing up. People are freaking morons, and I wouldn’t strike me odd in the least to see all of what was stolen, being sold by the same person(the thief) on craigs. I had a friend that “lost” his studio in this manner, and got it all back by looking on craigslist and contacting the authorities. This also solved a large string of robberies in my neighborhood. I have two very large pit bulls as my alarm system, fyi. Nothing beats an alarm that sounds and BITES! Terribly sorry to hear about your loss though! I for one, know that if I lost my stuff now, I’d be screwed being that all of it was bought when I actually had money. I couldn’t even afford to replace one monitor now much less pay a $1000 deductible…

Raymond

ps. don’t bother with ebay, because anyone can do it from anywhere. Craigs is local, and so is the moron that stole your stuff! Your computer might be gone, but no one is going to take that APC40 because they won’t have a clue what it is, they’ll be forced to sell in online. Because they’ll have to list it in hope to sell it to someone who knows wtf it does and is. I do know a few crack dealers though that make beats, so it could be gone under the circumstances. :frowning:

this is very true, when we had all the tools stolen from the van a laborer at are site was found selling them down a local market.

That sucks Man…

I’m not working at the moment  - but if there is something set up, I’ll definitely like to give something.

Had to reapply for my House Insurance recently… The particular company I was going with would only pay out €4000 MAX for all Electrical items lost/damaged or stolen.

That includes Toasters, TV’s , Computers, Whatever… It Sucks.

You can pay more & get everything covered - but in reality, who can afford that. They’ll only give you a % of what everything is worth as they consider your used possessions to be worth less than 2nd hand.

Push up your contents insurance & you’ll feel it in the overall price.

Something has always got to be better than nothing. I really hope you get up & running as quickly as possible Mate.

Some of you might think this is a bit mental now…But I’ve got copies of all my software / samples / Music & Computer back-up disks in my Parents house.

Been doing it for years… There’s boxes of floppy disks & everything. Fcuk knows whats on half of it. They dont even ask about it now LOL.

But its cool to know that I have the original, a copy at home & a spare in my folks.

[quote]icn (8/4/2009)[hr]That sucks Man…

I’m not working at the moment - but if there is something set up, I’ll definitely like to give something.

[/quote]

Ditto!

Set up a little pay pal mate so we can all help you out, every little helps.And our pound is worth nearly double in america so it’s a win win :wink:

(you’re in america right???)

[quote]roben (8/5/2009)[hr][quote]icn (8/4/2009)[hr]That sucks Man…

I’m not working at the moment - but if there is something set up, I’ll definitely like to give something.

[/quote]

Ditto!

Set up a little pay pal mate so we can all help you out, every little helps.And our pound is worth nearly double in america so it’s a win win :wink:

(you’re in america right???)[/quote]

yo fellaz …you all cool and nice guys … it’s deeply human …NUFF RSPCT TO YOU …

Seriously, you guys bring a tear to my eyes. I worked extremely hard to get all of the gear and computers. You should take YOUR hard earned money and use it wisely. Ill be back up on my feet soon enough. I’ll let you know what the insurance company says here in a few days. In the mean time, I posted one before picture of my studio, and the aftermath. *tear

RIP studio <3

On a lighter note, you should get all the pots and pans out in your house and make a mnml tech drum kit! You can get your wife to make some wooshy noises while turning the water faucet on and off for white noise crashes! Voila! You’re back in business!

Raymond

ps. I get remix rights!

http://picasaweb.google.com/howard.kiss/Jacked?feat=directlink]

Hey guys, here is a link to the pictures from the break in and some before and after pictures.