ANA 2 "Beta has expired" after downloading the latestest official release!

As the title says… no matter what I do or install I get constantly the message when loading ANA 2 and cannot use it…

If you’re Beta testing ANA 2 Mutli-Sampling , please make sure that you’ve downloaded and installed the latest B6 version, the Beta will expired every 14 days and you’ll need to update to the latest version.

Should you need further assistance with this, please let us know your Operating System and what’s the ANA 2 version installed on your system, thanks.

Yes, I have used the beta before… and after having installed the latest beta it was always working afterwards… but this time not…
I downloaded the latest beta in my account (2.1.0.b6) installed it like before but the message stays although it says the correct version number in the lower right hand corner…
I am on Windows 10 64bit and am using the VST3 version…

Thank you for your reply and update on this.

Try the following :

1- Close your DAW and browse to the following path → The AppData is [hidden by default] (View hidden files and folders in Windows - Microsoft Support)

C:/Users/Your_Username/AppData/Roaming/Sonic Academy/ANA 2

2- Delete all Files in there ( ANA 2.dat - ANA 2.settings - ANA2.keyfile )

3- Login to your account & Download your License Key file again ( save it to your computer ) and the Beta 2.1.0.b6 installer.

4- Install ANA 2 again, launch your DAW and authorize the plugin again → just point the explorer window to your previously saved ANA2.keyfile

Let us know if that works :wink:

This worked but in a very weird way…

I did everything you said and registered then ANA 2 in the DAW…
After registering it told me that now ANA 2 beta will work for 14 days …

I went into the settings of ANA 2 to set it back to black skin and 125% scaling…
I closed the settings section and boom… the message that the beta has expired was back again…

I deleted this instance of ANA 2 and loaded a new instance… luckily then the message was gone…
I closed the DAW and restarted it, tested ANA 2… so far so good…
Let´s see for how long :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply :wink:

Happy to read that this is now sorted :thumbsup:

You should be good for the upcoming 14 days and the new Beta, a Release version for ANA 2 MS should be available soon hopefully, and you can always install the standard release V2.0.994 if you decide not to test ANA 2 MS anymore.

Thank you!

1 Like

I have the same issue on a 2018 MAC. How do I access hidden files there?

@Jawad

If you do a SHIFT + Cmd + G ( or go to Finder Menu → Go → Go To Folder… ) you will get a finder popup :

You can copy/paste the following path ( with the tilde sign ) into this window to access your User Library

~/Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy/ANA 2/

Now, it seems that the Beta b6 would have reached it’s 14 days expiration date, so the previous post won’t solve this issue, a new Beta b7 should be repacked soon, you will need to install this new version. Sorry for the delayed version and inconvenient.

From what I’ve heard from the development team, a first 2.1 ANA 2 MS Release should be available soon now, so stay tune and thanks again for taking part in the Beta :thumbsup:

1 Like

Very smooth. Thank you, I would not have figured that out on my own. Very much appreciated!

1 Like

@Trancit @Jawad

Just to let you now that the latest beta 7 is now available for download :wink:

Download here ( account login required )