ANA 2 GUI creation

I wanted to personally thank the developers for making it possible to create new ANA 2 GUI’s! I played around last night to see if it was possible. I’m hopefully going to create a more professional looking GUI than my experiment here, but of course that’s going to take much more time than the few minutes I spent making this lol. Just wanted to make sure it was possible first. Thinking of making an old ANA-log Synth Panel in the end :wink: Anyone else interested? EDIT: Yes, that sound uses a 40 pole filter sweep …Another thank you to the developers… AWESOME FILTERS! I haven’t had a sweep like that since The E-MU Morpheus/Ultraproteus Z-Plane Filters :smiley:

8 Likes

The Cosmos background is fabulous :grin:

2 Likes

Wow, thanks Oakmasta. If you wanna see it in “real-time” I just packaged it up, and it’s on my server here:

http://ambietica.lyonsdenmultimedia.com/Downloads/Cosmic-GUI_AmbieticA.zip

To install on Windows, just put the “Cosmic” folder in your: C:\ProgramData\Sonic Academy\ANA 2\GUI\ Then launch ANA2, and in the “Settings, Select Skin” drop down menu, choose Cosmic. It’s available in all sizes, but still very unfinished as only the “Main Skin” has been changed thus far. I am unsure how to install on a MAC though, and if anyone knows, please post it here for everyone. It would be kindly appreciated.

Oh and also, to make this I have to change the image properties from “Index Color” to “RGB” mode, so if it doesnt work, or looks wonky, that might be why. If anyone decides to give it a go, please let me know if it works so I can continue creating more, and probably finishing this one up.

I’ve actually been using this skin while sound designing, as it’s awesome watching Wavetables move through space lol :wink:

Buttons are now 3D and glow “ANA Blue” when they are on, including FX buttons, brightness reduction within nebular displays, and of course more nebula within alternate FX and browser panels, along with the new “Cosmic” logo to mention a few things …Still working on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quick look the browser, and “CMD/ARP” sections thus far :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cool. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Thanks KErf… Getting closer to being done with the whole skin!

Looking forward to it being completed :smile:

Hey guys, sorry I haven’t updated in a long time. Just wanted to let everyone interested I haven’t died, just had a break in development with skin, wavetable, and preset creation due to personal time being taken. I became a foster parent, and it’s taken awhile to adjust my “time management”. I’m slowly getting my schedule back, and will update in a bit. Until then, just checking in :wink: Hope you are all having a great summer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome back. Take your time mate. Using your skin from day 1. Now I’m used to it :smiley:

1 Like

I cant wait for the skin to be completed!

1 Like

Hi everyone. Here is an update to the first version I posted which includes Buttons now 3D and glow “ANA Blue” when they are on, including FX buttons, brightness reduction within nebular displays, and of course more nebula within alternate FX and browser panels, along with the new “Cosmic” logo. Not much more to go, but this is also part of a much larger project I had started awhile back. which will include 109 handcrafted morphable wavetables, and 27 handcrafted standard waves, as well as 33 (so far), new Sample waves, many created by Luftrum Sound Design (with permission of course), and a new Ambient Sound Bank. Here is a link to the GUI Update, I hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

Download: AmbieticA ANA2 Cosmic GUI v09b

3 Likes

Seems like a lot going on… Cool stuff & nice work :wink:

Edit: Just to clarify how to install new skins,

1 - Unzip the archive and copy the full directory Cosmic inside ANA 2 GUI folder at the following location:

WINDOWS Users : C:\ProgramData\Sonic Academy\ANA 2\GUI
MACOS Users : yourmacosHDD/Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy/ANA 2/GUI

2 - Once done, just open an instance of ANA 2 and click the “wheel” icon above ‘Menu’ to access settings and use the ‘SKIN SELECT’ drop down menu to see & load your new custom skin.

2 Likes

Great. Looks awesome! Nice glow buttons. Looking forward for those wavetables. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Thank you for the MAC instructions! Very appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will call her SPACE ANA from now on!

2 Likes

Thank you for crafting this. Looks awesome.

1 Like

:laughing::slight_smile::smile:

Well guy’s, it’s finally done!

ANA 2 COSMIC GUI VER 1.0

Special thanks to Phil Johnston for crafting the awesome retro knobs I edited and used to make a unique FX panel layout, and Tekalight for the Mac instructions, cause I’m clueless when it comes to Mac’s lol. Let me know what you all think, and if there are any bugs, or even suggestions. Grab it here:

http://ambietica.lyonsdenmultimedia.com/2019/02/12/ana-2-cosmic-gui-ver-1-0/

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely. Cosmos looks far out! Well done!!

2 Likes