Ana 2 presets loading time in Logic 10.7

Hi all

Since upgrading to Logic 10.7, ANA 2 presets now take about 30’s to a minute to load. Is anyone else experiencing this with Logic or AU’s on other DAWS? I’ve tried the VST and AU versions in Ableton but they both are working fine with no loading lag time, this just seems to be with Logic Pro. I’ll try uninstalling and Ana now and see if the issue persists and update this thread.

Any input or remedies are appreciated. Thanks

Setup Details
MacBook Pro 2018 Touch Bar (Big Sur 11.6)
Logic 10.7
Ana 2 - v2.0.99

Hi there @El_Bura

Yes, we’re aware of some issues with Logic 10.7 and MacOS Big Sur 11.6.

We now have uploaded a new Beta version, v2.0.992b available in your user account, could you please download and install this version and then report back.

Thank you.

My Account / My Downloads / Plugins ( sign in required ).

I’m also including the full Clean Install procedure below, this will ensure that there’s no further issues induced by cumulative updates, but to start off, simply try to install the Beta version on top of your present installation :wink:

!! Please make sure to back up your User Presets before going through a manual uninstall of ANA 2​ !!

1. Close any instances of ANA 2 and close Logic.

2. Remove the core files in the USER LIBRARY : remove the entire ANA 2 folder located here :

~/Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy/

3. Remove all ANA 2 plugins : ( this time the main Library, not the user one ).

• AAX : Machintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins remove ANA 2.aaxplugin

• AU : Machintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components remove ANA 2.component

• VST : Machintosh HDLibrary/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST remove ANA 2.vst

• VST3 : Machintosh HDLibrary/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 remove ANA 2.vst3

4. Reboot your Mac.

5. Upon restart, install the beta version ANA 2 v2.0.992b downloaded from your Account My Account / My Downloads / Plugins ( you’ll need your license file as well if it’s not already on your computer ).

At this point if you have a User Preset backup, don’t try to restore it yet.

6. Start Logic, launch an instance of ANA 2, activate the plugin again ( pointing the GUI to your License Key file on your Mac ).

7. Test again and report back.

Hey @Tekalight, thanks for the swift reply and details, I’ve downloaded and installed the beta version straight onto the the existing install and all looks to be well. I tried it out on Ableton 11.0.11 and Logic 10.7, the patches are loading instantly I haven’t noticed any other funny things happening.

Let me know if you want me to test any other elements.
Many thanks again.

1 Like

Great news !!

Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated :wink:

Hopefully the release should follow the beta soon :thumbsup:

Hi again there,

Just to let you know, there’s a new beta version available for download in your user account, v2.0.993b is now the latest version available : My Account / My Downloads / Plugins ( sign in required ).

Thanks Tekalight, I’ll update this tomorrow. Is there a change log with what’s been updated?
Cheers

Yes there’s a Readme text file included in the archive :wink: