Ana 2 - Sounds Changing on playback

Hey all,

I hope I’m not being an idiot and doing something silly. I’m experiencing an issue with ANA 2 that I don’t understand. It happens only on my PC. It doesn’t happen on my laptop.

I am using Ableton Live 10 Suite Edition. When I load a preset up in Ana 2 on my PC, it will play fine inside of Ana 2, and if I have midi set up for it to play, it plays it. As soon as I back out of Ana 2 and return to the DAW, I stop track and play again and the preset has changed. It sounds like only the bass tones of the preset are playing. To get it to play the preset again, I need to open ANA 2 back up, select another preset, then go back to the one I was using, and it will load in the full sound. But as soon as I stop track / back out of ANA 2, the same thing happens and when I play back the track only the bass tones of that preset are audible (I don’t fully know how to explain it, but its a sound that is similar to the preset, but with all modulation / filtering / envelopes / voices / detuning turned off)

This doesn’t appear to be a processing or memory problem as it doesn’t happen on my laptop which is significantly less powerful. However just to be sure I will list the stats of both machines bellow. Additionally, I can load up about 20 Massive presets with all sorts of effects on each channel live without any issue. I currently have about 6 instances of Arturias mini lab opened up in a project with 1 or 2 slate effects pluggins on each one, plus a fairly busy mastering chain and I am not experiencing this issue. It seems to be specific to only ANA 2.

Hopefully someone can give me some advice.

PC Stats -
CPU - Intel i7-4790k 4.00GHz
RAM - 32gb
Graphics - 2x 8gb NVIDIA GTX

Laptop Stats -
CPU - Intel i5-9300H 2.4GHz
RAM - 8gb
Graphics - Some sort of base Nvidia

What version of ANA are you running?

Both systems running Windows 10?

Have you installed any preset packs on one that aren’t on the other?

Is it the Sonic Academy original version or slate version of ANA?

Not sure what version of Ana 2 it is, but I only installed in a couple of weeks ago so I assume it’s the most recent version.

Both running windows 10.

No preset packs have been installed.

It is the Slate version of Ana 2.

it sounds like you have maybe assigned your space bar or another key as a MIDI Learn assignment to something within ANA 2 (volume on OSC 1 or similar)

try using the “SAVE MIDI MAP” from the menu drop down in ANA and checking out the XML file in text edit to see if you’ve saved something - you can then delete it from the XML / save / and load the MIDI Map from ANA

2 Likes

This was exactly what was happening. Thank you!

1 Like