ANA CPU usage / peaking w Logic X

I’m using two instances of ANA and my CPU keeps peaking. The voices on each instance are 5 and 6 respectively. ANA seems to be peaking one processor while the other processors are distributing the load fine. I’ve attached a screen shot.br
br
My system is as follows:br
OSX 10.9.3br
Processor: 2 x 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeonbr
14 GB 800 MHz DDR2 F8-DIMMbr
Logic X 10.0.7br
br
Please advise. br
br
Thanksbr
MINGbr

It will try to use a new processor for each Instance… even with 5-6 voices some of the patches can ramp up with CPU.br
br
The worst culprates on the synth for this are the Reverb, Amp sim Cabinet and Vintage filters. Presets that use all 3 can get very high.br
br
if the filter isnt playing super critical roll to the sound you should try using the standard 2 pole. and maybe use an external reverb on a send.

Phil br
br
What’s the reason for ANA being so much more processor intensive than Sylenth or Zebra for example?br
br

Mainlly the Vintage Filters and Reverb are much higher Quality than sylenth.br
br
for every note that is played an instance of a filter is used so say you play a 4 note chord and you are using both filter slots. thats 2 x Stereo Filters per Voice or 16 filters total.br
br
If you use the regular 2 Pole filters it will in most cases cut CPU in half.br
br
Our Reverb algorithm is extreemly high quality modeled on a Lexicon Plate… so using a few instances of that can realy rack up CPU.br
br
In saying that there is more optomisation to be done… its something we are still working on.

[quote]phil johnston (26/06/2014)[hr]Mainlly the Vintage Filters and Reverb are much higher Quality than sylenth.br
br
for every note that is played an instance of a filter is used so say you play a 4 note chord and you are using both filter slots. thats 2 x Stereo Filters per Voice or 16 filters total.br
br
If you use the regular 2 Pole filters it will in most cases cut CPU in half.br
br
Our Reverb algorithm is extreemly high quality modeled on a Lexicon Plate… so using a few instances of that can realy rack up CPU.br
br
In saying that there is more optomisation to be done… its something we are still working on.[/quote]br
br
Cheers Phil, makes sense. I don’t generally use the reverbs in synths but I do tend to create sounds with a lot of voices at work and use the vintage filters in ANA

Thanks for the info. I absolutely love this synth but the CPU usage limits my use. I would love to see a multiprocessor version. Keep up the great work.

Hi,br
Recently I tried making an entire track in MASCHINE while I normally use Logic Pro X. I used a reasonable nr of synths but the audio performance was horrible (drop outs, interruption), especially in parts where I had a piano from KOMPLETE 10 playing. In Logic it was never that bad (although I can also make it crash) br
I contacted NI and they requested a copy of the project file. Because I had three instances of A.N.A. in there I removed those first. And guess what? The issue was gone!br
If I read this post I understand why. br
br
I can’t help it but A.N.A. is simply my best source for Pluck sounds and the one that I have in this project has 9 voices across 3 Oscillators and uses Delay and Reverb.br
br
So an optimised version of A.N.A. is more than welcome! br
Regards,br
Stefan