Ana CPU useage in Ableton Live 9

Hi,br
br
I am evaluating the Ana synth and have noticed that it consumes A LOT of CPU when playing certain presets (stabs mainly). I have a quad core processor with 16GB of RAM installed and to see this one soft synth almost maxing out my CPU is a bit baffling. Is this a product of the synth being in demo mode or does it really chew up this much CPU?br
br
Thanks

[quote]jb61264 (16/11/2013)[hr]Hi,br
br
I am evaluating the Ana synth and have noticed that it consumes A LOT of CPU when playing certain presets (stabs mainly). I have a quad core processor with 16GB of RAM installed and to see this one soft synth almost maxing out my CPU is a bit baffling. Is this a product of the synth being in demo mode or does it really chew up this much CPU?br
br
Thanks[/quote]br
br
Hi,br
br
which quad core processor do you have?br
br
Some presets are more demanding on the CPU than others, This can be reduced by lowering the quality of the filters in the settings window, as well as disabling the reverb and also lowering the Polyphony number bottom left.

[quote]bryan spence (16/11/2013)[hr][quote]jb61264 (16/11/2013)[hr]Hi,br
br
br
Thanks[/quote]br
br
Hi,br
br
which quad core processor do you have?br
br
Some presets are more demanding on the CPU than others, This can be reduced by lowering the quality of the filters in the settings window, as well as disabling the reverb and also lowering the Polyphony number bottom left.[/quote]br
br
I have an AMD A8-3850 APUbr
I did notice that some of the “stabs” seemed to cause this more than other sounds

I had the same problem with CPU usage. ANA would single handedly crash a project with one instance running. I had 8 polyphony, lowering the polyphony to 3 greatly reduced the impact on my cpu.br
br
But I still cant get it to work in 64bit mode, the authorizer crashes when I try to load it. br
br
Logic 9 Dual 2.66 16GB RAM mac probr
10.6.8 OSX