Ana is not installing on Mac OS

Hi there,

Bought and installed Ana, but it is failed to register.

Once installed, as soon as logic scans the new AU, it says demo has expired. Click ok and eventually logic loads (need to do this multiple times as the ‘demo has expired’ warning pops up multiple times).

I load an instance of ANA and it still says the same. I am then prompted to import the license file, which I do. But it then says “registration failed”.

Am running logic 64 bit, but have tried both 64 and 32 bit versions and it’s the same.

I am running Lion 10.7.3 on an iMac.

Please advise how I can get this installed.

[quote]tobypearce (06/04/2012)[hr]Hi there,

Bought and installed Ana, but it is failed to register.

Once installed, as soon as logic scans the new AU, it says demo has expired. Click ok and eventually logic loads (need to do this multiple times as the ‘demo has expired’ warning pops up multiple times).

I load an instance of ANA and it still says the same. I am then prompted to import the license file, which I do. But it then says “registration failed”.

Am running logic 64 bit, but have tried both 64 and 32 bit versions and it’s the same.

I am running Lion 10.7.3 on an iMac.

Please advise how I can get this installed.[/quote]

hi toby i have sent you a mail

but you can reply here too

are you running on a network or as a user with restricted privileges ?

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Let’s talk via forums for the benefit of others.

No - not running on a networked Mac.

Running as Admin.

Don’t worry - am in a good mood - happy to work through this with you :slight_smile:

[quote]tobypearce (06/04/2012)[hr]Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Let’s talk via forums for the benefit of others.

No - not running on a networked Mac.

Running as Admin.

Don’t worry - am in a good mood - happy to work through this with you :-)[/quote]

There is one thing you can try -

--------

There is a folder holding your license key

accesible by going to “Finder”

then go to the nav bar at the top

Select “Go”

Hold the “Alt/Option” key and “Library” will appear - click this

from here go to Preferences > Sonic Academy

once in here you can drop in your ANA.license file overwriting the current one that is there.

then start your daw as normal and see if this has fixed the issue

Can’t see a sonic academy folder either under Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences or under Data > Toby > Library > Preferences.

Searching for Sonic Academy in libraries shows entries under Application Support and Audio > Presets.

I wonder why this folder hasn’t been created?

try repairing permissions in disk utility.

Hi,

Unfortunately this doesn’t fix it.

I have never installed ANA before, so puzzled as to why it immediately says demo expired, and why it won’t import my license.

would you be free tomorrow @ 12pm for a screen share and i can have a look whats going on?

Sure thing.

12pm UK time?

Can do any time in the morning actually.

Is anybody there?

Hi Bryan I just got a new macbook, I downloaded Ana and Kick. But when i try to license them. it says file could not be licensed. I need some help. I have them licensed on my Pc. What should i do?

Hello . I bought Ana yesterday and have exactly the same problem. There are no folders in bibloteket … and the software works only in demo mode.br
Mac os and Abelton.br

Clarification (as Google translat missed some translation) :br
My installation of ANA (first demo… then purchased) has not generated the following folders Sonic Academy ANA Licensebr
according to the reference :br
HD Library Application Support Sonic Academy ANA Licensebr
br
Could I get them emailed to me so I can add them manualy?br
br

Have you run the license installer app that comes with the download?

Yes. And then it says that everything is ok … but when you want to open the ANA in Ableton you end up in demo mode again … and try again point to the license … but error … and as I wrote earlier, missing some parts in the folder structure.br
br

customer support is sorting this now for you.br

Hibr
Has not received any help from the suport yet.br
However, I have understand that I have two libraries - one for “Computer” and one for the “User identity”. The license installs directly under the “Computer” and now is also the ANA in the VST folder there (AUDIO , PLUG INS) … but the program is not working.br
Licensed installer works nicely ; says ok and generates folders and places the license right … but when I then try to start the ANA in Ableton it will ask again after “getting import license”… and if I then tap on any of the license files (either on the desktop or in their correct folder ) so it begins just spin and then " Registration failed "br
br
???

I think the strange characters in your user name might be causing the issues… I’ll chat to obe of our tech guys and get back.

Good thinking. I actually have a Swedish text with a ring above (å) in my name but it tends to be difficult when you leave the home port!

Unfortunately, it was impossible to change my user name. Your website bugs because of my strange letters … Think we might have found part of the problem.