ANA License

I downloaded the ANA synth without a problem for mac, but when I tried to activate it with the ana.license it wouldn’t open. When I tried to open it with Logic Pro 9 it wouldn’t open. Now whenever I try to open it it goes to Logic and then won’t open. I’ve tried opening it up with other application but they won’t either. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong…:crying:

when you say it wouldn’t open did you get an error message?br
br
did it pass AU verification?br
br
you could try installing it manually.br
br
download your license keybr
rename it to 'A.N.A.license’br
br
navigate to HD Library Application Support Sonic Academy A.N.A Licensebr
br
drop your key into this folder, and overwrite the existing one.br
br
let me know if this works?

What I mean is it wouldn’t open is that I tried to open it with Logic after downloading. It told me I needed an app to run it so I chose logic. When I try to open it say “This file couldn’t be opened” Now, whenever I delete it and re-download it still says the same thing. I can download the synth on the mac without a problem I just can’t open the license to activate it.

Mainly now it says to open it I have to open it with an app. The synth itself doesn’t even show up in Logic so I can’t get to the activation part where the license key is. What app do I open it with since it says Logic can’t…?

ANA should ask for the license file when you open it for the first time then you browse to its location.br
br
but if ANA isnt showing up in logic then there seems to be a different problem.br
br
The Installer should have put ANA.component in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Componentsbr
br
did you install both 32bit and 64bit versions?br
br
if you right click on the Logic app in applications and get info there is an option to switch logic to 32bit mode. ANA seems to run better in 32bit mode.br
br

I just installed both 64 and 32 bit, and I switched Logic to 32 bit. I searched in Library for it, but there isn’t even an Library/Audio. I went into the installer and saved it to Macintosh HD and it said software was downloaded successfully. I’m not sure if I’m looking in the wrong place, but I’m under library and there isn’t anything that says Audio…

there should definitely be Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Componentsbr
br
this is needed for everything mac does pretty much.br
br
are you the main admin user on this mac?br
br

Add phil@sonicacademy.com to messages app and i could have a look through screen sharebr
br

Ah, yes i’ve found it! I thought you meant logic. When I click on it it requires an app to open. Now when I click open with Logic Pro it says “couldn’t open file”

you aren’t opening it… you are just checking it is there.br
br
is it now showing up in Logic?

ah, okay. well it’s still not showing up in logic. you said you might have a look by screen share in microsoft messenger?

needs to be mac messengerbr
br
should be installed alreadybr
br
add phil@sonicacademy.com

Thanks so much Phil! You rock!! :smiley:

no Probs!br
br
just a Logic restart so it would scan the plugin folder again.

I have had the SAME EXACT issue. Ableton finds ANA 2, Just Fine. The problem lies JUST within getting the license. When I click on “Download License,” from the website, it says that it CAN NOT be opened unless it is from a different application. I am going BONKERS trying to figure this out. There goes my weekend looking forward to using ANA 2. I have read all of the forums regarding the Mac’s and getting the license. Mine Will Not Let Me Open the license or download it in any way shape or form. I am the sole administrator on my laptop and it does NOT WORK. I NEED HELP WITH THIS ASAP

Hi there @kontaq1

Seeing this now as well as your other post + 2 support requests, will take over from the support and update your other post here on the forum if needed. This topic was actually a A.N.A 1.5 issue and is not related to ANA 2. ( see post category ) .

Okay, well how do I get the license to work? When ever I clock on the license, a message pops up saying that there is no application to open it. Just trying to verify my license

@kontaq1

Yes, this is a normal, you actually DON’T HAVE TO OPEN the License Key File !! Activation is done inside your DAW via ANA 2 GUI, when prompted for the License Key file, you simply have to point ANA 2 to the file location on your hard drive.

Again, please head back to support, check email from Sonic Academy ( double check spam folder ) and my reply to ticket #15387 ( I’m still waiting for you to reply ).

No need to have requests all over the place, it’s just makes things confusing and will delay the solution since we will have to reply to each of them, thank you.

I have already opened ANA 2 in my DAW. The demo comes up (obviously), I click the register button and, yes, it wants me to open where the file location is, but I do not have a license key file location.

Hi there @antonio1

I’m now replying to you via support.

Ahora te estoy respondiendo a través de soporte.