ANA registration failed on Mac OSX 10.8.3

Hellobr
br
Ive installed this on my 2nd MacPro 10.8.3 without a hitch, however installing this on my other ( early 2008 ) MacPro running 10.8.3, dual 2.8 quad core intel xeon, 14 GB ram, gives me a "registration failed " message when i try to load the license file. I have also manually placed the file in Library/Application Support/ Sonic Academy / License and it still does not work.br
br
Have tried to authorize in Live 9 and Cubase 6.5. In fact ANA seems to crash Cubase 6.5 when I try to load the auth file in there. This is also a brand new system, new internal HD fresh new install of OSX 10.8.3.br
br
Any solutions as this seems to be an issue with others as well ?br
br
Thanks !

No solution as yet… xeon cpus aren’t compatible at the moment… we are looking in to fixing this for the next major release.

Thats weird because it worked before. All I did was add a new 2TB HD to replace the old one and do a fresh install of everything. It worked on this same exact system before but now its not.br
br
If its a MacPro with intel-xeon issue , why did it register before without a problem ?

hmm that is oddbr
br
did you have the same OS on before?

Actually the old HD was running 10.7.5 BUT my other Mac Pro is running 10.8 and it does work on that system.

[quote]mikeacosta (05/05/2013)[hr]Actually the old HD was running 10.7.5 BUT my other Mac Pro is running 10.8 and it does work on that system.[/quote]br
br
Hi Mikebr
br
try installing it manually.br
br
download your license key br
rename it to 'A.N.A.license’br
br
navigate to HD Library Application Support Sonic Academy A.N.A Licensebr
br
drop your key into this folder, and overwrite the existing one.br
br
let me know if this works?

[quote]Sonic Academy (06/05/2013)[hr][quote]mikeacosta (05/05/2013)[hr]Actually the old HD was running 10.7.5 BUT my other Mac Pro is running 10.8 and it does work on that system.[/quote]br
br
Hi Mikebr
br
try installing it manually.br
br
download your license key br
rename it to 'A.N.A.license’br
br
navigate to HD Library Application Support Sonic Academy A.N.A Licensebr
br
drop your key into this folder, and overwrite the existing one.br
br
let me know if this works?[/quote]br
br
br
I tried that, removed the .txt and renamed it to A.N.A.license and still didnt work.br
br
I even tried importing the license from the clone drive where it is working properly and I get the same result " registration failed "

Now after manually placing that renamed file in there, when trying to load ANA it causes Ableton Live 9 to crash.br
br
Heres from the error log with Ableton Live 9br
br
br
201861 ms. AU: Going to create: A.N.Abr
201872 ms. FatalError: Uncaught exceptionbr
201872 ms. Exception: Fatal Error: GTerminateHandlerbr

Could you do a screen grab of the Sonic Academy folder structure.br
br
Sounds like its not seeing the folders properly

You could try copying the entire Sonic Academy folder from the clone drive.

[/URL][/img]br
br
[/URL][/img]br
br
Seems like its just causing havoc on this new system.

do you use ichat/messages with your .mac account?br
br
i could add you and have a look to see if i can fix anything

Yeah I do. Im on now.

Ok I finally figured it out and got it working.br
br
Heres the deal and you may want make note of this.br
br
Im on a Mac Pro running OSX 10.8.3br
br
I originally had ANA installed on this system running 10.7.5 with a 1TB HD and no issues.br
br
I recently bought a new internal 2TB HD, did a fresh install of OSX 10.8.3 and added it to bay 1 of the Mac Pro while moving the original to bay 2. The Mac Pro now had a 2TB HD which I initialized as Macintosh HD and it had the 1 TB HD which was also named Macintosh HD that had OSX 10.7.5.br
br
Somehow when installing ANA on the new system, it kept directing itself to the secondary HD because they both had the same names. Therefore it wouldnt allow the registration on the new drive, hence the “registration failed” messages.br
br
So I removed the original internal HD from the 2nd bay of the Mac Pro, did a fresh install on ANA again ( after I initially deleted its plug-ins files and the Sonic Academy folder within the Application Support section ) Opened up Live 9, initiated an instance of ANA, had it import the license file I downloaded from the site and voila , it works !br
br
What a headache to figure this one, none of my other plug-ins did this.br

Great! Glad you got it sorted.br
br
Ill see if we can add something to prevent this from happening in future.

Yeah there may need to be a tweak made to how the plug-in loads and to scan only the primary HD in use for its data path.br
br
Thanks !