br
I have a big problem with the Ana synth in Ableton. (32 bit)br
br
I use APPLE MACBOOK PRO RETINA DISPLAY CI5 2.6 8GB/128 SSD 13.3br
br
I can use at maximum 5 Ana synths and then the Cpu is at 80 %.br
br
br
Tried to compare with other synths like Massive and Sylenth with the same kind of presets. (Vandalism)br
br
1 Sylenth/Massive is 5 % Cpubr
1 Ana Synth is 20 Cpubr
br
Is it supposed to be like that?br
br
br
br

Try turn the reverb off on any patches that use it… This seems to using more CPU than normal on some systems.

Thanks,br
br
That only helped a little bit, is there anything else I can try?br
br
Would it be better with 64 bit if I have 8 Gb Memory?br
br

No 64 bit won’t change CPU.br
br
How many voices are being used in each ANA. It shows the voice count in the LCD #119;indow.br
br
Some patches will obviously use more voice Than others and it also depends on how many notes you are playing in a chord. You can restrict the notes using poly restrict in lower left corner.br
br
The vintage filters also use more CPU than the standard 2 pole.br
br

I use the Preset pack 2, Lead, Arena, it uses 7 voices.br
br
Ok i will try that, thanks.

This is where it shows the voices in use.br
br
br
br
it can get pretty high if you stack lots up which can cause the CPU to go up… in most tracks I only ever need maybe one big lead sound with tons of voices the rest are mainly just basses and plucks which dont use a lot of CPU

Thanks for all the help:)br
br

No probs:)

Based on others posts and my own experience ana does have a very high CPU load…

Yeah it defo does… the vintage filters are the main cause… we nearly dropped them from the synth because of CPU.br
br
you have a filter on each Osc times each note so on a 4 note chord with 4 osc going you have 16 independent filters running. and they add up.br
br
we could have just stuck to the basic filters and basic FX and the CPU would be the same as sylenth but then you lose all the good stuff… most developers are reluctant to do this becuase people ask “why CPU so high” but its something i dont mind having to explain as we have a cool community that we can talk 1 to 1 with.br
br
you always have the option of using the basic filters, dropping the nice reverb and limiting voice count if you are really struggling.br
br
also computers are getting faster all the time so in a while it will be a easier for those with more basic computers.br
br
CPU is never a problem for me with my 3.6ghz i7 but i understand not everyone has that much power.

Is it just the filter though? When I thought about buying it i placed it into a track, my laptop wanted to keel over with it in, so i compared it against sylenth with just a saw running and the load was about x3 up. br
br
It probably wouldnt matter with the rig I run now but the first thing I noticed was the high cpu usage.br
br
Also unfortunatley not every user will have the privalidge of having a powerful cpu.

The base cpu is sligitly more due to more complex modulatio… G-env etc.br
br
Our modulationalso runs at the sample rate wich you dont normally get… This enables some fm/am stuff.br
br
But on my system sylenth with nothing is 2% ana 3%br
br
Adding exta osc multiplies the modulation and in turn the cpu… But again om mine its very small %br
br
Adding filters is where i start to notice the real difference. br
br
And the reverb is just way to much… We should be able to get that down or ad a lighter option.br
br
We are looking at some more filters at the mo but its always a trade off between sound and cpu… I tend to favour sound as long as there are other options.

Fair enough, I just tried it on mine and synlenth stayed at 1 percent and ana was at 3-4. Not big usage, I just remember when I was on my laptop it really couldn’t cope with it and it put me off. br
br
Btw I mean no harm by getting involved, I just have noticed this and as it used to be a problem for me I thought I should share my views. It’s actually really refreshing to get a quick and well structured response to questions as opposed to a quick ‘We don’t see the problem’ as I’ve seen before on other synths…br
br
Maybe having a low power mode would be beneficial for usability, especially as you guys have a big following for beginner users that may not have such powerful machines?

Have no fear of getting invovled in anything we are totally open to user feedback… its a great way for us to improve out products. we arent a secretive organisation with anythjng to hide… just s bunch of guys a few years ahead of folks on here. br
br
Yeah a ANA le or something could be an option… We have pretty limited development capability at the moment as we are a really small team but its defo something to consider. br
br
We will also still keep trying to improve the efficiency of the current ANA too.