ANA Synth - Registration Issues

Hi guys,

Hope you’re well? I have recently purchased the ANA synth. I have installed the 32 bit version and saved it to my VST folders. It opens fine in Ableton, however when it asks me to register the details the licence.dat file does not show up on my desktop even though it is there and when I manually enter the location it is stored I get a “registration failed” message. :angry:

I am using Windows Visa Home Premium 32bit and Ableton 7.0.18 which I ran as administrator as advised in the documentation.

Has anybody else had any issues registering and if so how did you sort it?

the license file should be “username”.license

If it is on your desktop when you go to load the file it should do it automatically.

IS it asking you to browse to the file? is it definitely on your desktop?

[quote]en1gma (03/03/2012)[hr]Hi guys,

Hope you’re well? I have recently purchased the ANA synth. I have installed the 32 bit version and saved it to my VST folders. It opens fine in Ableton, however when it asks me to register the details the licence.dat file does not show up on my desktop even though it is there and when I manually enter the location it is stored I get a “registration failed” message. :angry:

I am using Windows Visa Home Premium 32bit and Ableton 7.0.18 which I ran as administrator as advised in the documentation.

Has anybody else had any issues registering and if so how did you sort it?

the license file should be “username”.license

If it is on your desktop when you go to load the file it should do it automatically.

IS it asking you to browse to the file? is it definitely on your desktop?

[/quote]

hi

sorry for the problems you are having with this, we are working to try and fix this at the minute

can you post your computer spec for us to compare?

I almost get the same error, whenever i try to import my license file I get the “registration failed” messsage :crying:

have you tried opening your DAW as administrator?

In your user/Documents folder do you have a Sonic Academy folder?

Amazingly fast answer, wauw!

I tried running in as administrator too. I run Ableton Live Suite 8.2.8

Also, I have that folder.

(Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, just thought this was close enough to the original problem)

Is there a “yourusername”.license file in that folder?

try copying the license file you downloaded to that folder.

If that still doesnt work email customerservice@sonicacademy.com and we will send you another license file to see if that helps.

If it does work could you let me know.

Also: could you give me more info about your system. what version of windows, CPU etc.

I just have a file called ANA.license in that folder, and replacing it with the downloaded one doesn’t seem to work either.

I run Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, i7 2600k @4.0ghz and 16gb 1866mhz DDR3 ram

[quote]Tobias Sjøgren Frederiksen (06/03/2012)[hr]I just have a file called ANA.license in that folder, and replacing it with the downloaded one doesn’t seem to work either.

I run Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, i7 2600k @4.0ghz and 16gb 1866mhz DDR3 ram[/quote]

Hi Tobias,

i think i know what the issue could be with your registration.

i have sent you a PM

Doesn’t work :frowning: Could the use of a “ø” in my username be the problem?

[quote]Tobias Sjøgren Frederiksen (06/03/2012)[hr]Doesn’t work :frowning: Could the use of a “ø” in my username be the problem?[/quote]

hi tobias

this isn’t the issue - i’ve sent you another email to see if we can get to the bottom of this.

It works now following your new email :slight_smile: Thank you!

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I am still having the same problem. I have tried re-installing the VST, downloading the ana.licence file to my desktop, adding it to the Sonic Academy folder in My Documents, but I’m still getting the registration failed error.

Any ideas?

Actually scratch that…

I’ve just tried adding the ANA.Licence file I downloaded today to the My Docs folder again and whadda ya know it’s actually worked!!!

Woo hoo

Right, now time to get my head around how to use the thing… :cool:

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated!!!