And this software?

Hi i know that tracks are mastered professionaly from professional sound engineers and i m sure that are hundreds of different opinions.But i had this software called platinum notes 2.0 like a healing software to heal clipping and other stuff but it used to lower the output of the tracks and sounded quieter than the original anyways.now ver 3.0 is out and it seems thats more complicated cause it has mauch more settings was thinking if is it has improved, but as m not so expert in these settings i asked myself if  anyone here uses it? or actually is it a useful software to have ? certainly there will be different opinions but  i am curious to hear what you guys think ?

Digital clipping sounds bad regardless on what you do to it. the only way to correct digital clipping is to prevent it from happening in the first place. Any mastering pro would not let a track clip and send it back mastered that way. They shouldnt anyway.

so how come when i use the software says fixed example 200 clipped peaks strange:w00t:

I’m just saying what I have learned. It might sound ok on your speakers, but not on a big rig.

from what i have read howard this software can correct digital clipping (which if true is great) but its main point of focus is to set the output volume of PN and scan all your tracks, makes it very easy to match volumes during a mix as all of your tracks will be exactly the same db level.

[quote]jon_fisher (23/03/2010)[hr]from what i have read howard this software can correct digital clipping (which if true is great) but its main point of focus is to set the output volume of PN and scan all your tracks, makes it very easy to match volumes during a mix as all of your tracks will be exactly the same db level.[/quote]

Thats quite interesting. I’m still skeptical though. I’m sure you can understand why…

I dont use it :frowning: but I did think about getting it to prepare tracks for DJing, (i’m a big fan of Mixed In Key)

The software uses Izotope mastering algorithms so there is science behind it, but I suspect that improvements are minimal if any, all though getting loudness even comes handy :slight_smile:

Do you use it for DJing?

[quote]howiegroove (23/03/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (23/03/2010)[hr]from what i have read howard this software can correct digital clipping (which if true is great) but its main point of focus is to set the output volume of PN and scan all your tracks, makes it very easy to match volumes during a mix as all of your tracks will be exactly the same db level.[/quote]

Thats quite interesting. I’m still skeptical though. I’m sure you can understand why…[/quote]

of course i understand lol, i’m skeptical of all software until i’ve tried it out.