Android. Samsung Galaxy S

Have a dirt cheap billpay deal here through family member who works for Phone Company - Iphone not an option, unfortunately.

[url]https://phones.meteor.ie/phones/samsung_galaxy/#what-you-get-tab[/url]

Anyone got one?

First steps into the computer phone world - so if anyone could give details of any righteous or bogus - related - experiences, then that would be most excellent :)

I prefer smoke signals

Normally I go for Scent Marking… but I’ve been neutered recently.

Cant Pi$$ when I raise my tail anymore. Have to get one of these phones :hehe:

Call me a ludite but so long i can phone and text thats all i need from my phone :slight_smile:

I’m with you one that… its just that I can get 400mins & 400txts with 2gb DL for €25pm.

Thats a great deal for over here.

I got a contract last year on a similar deal & theres a new offer on, so fck it. Cant fight the future.

Pity though. Think these Android things are basically just pretend Iphones, for cnuts who cant afford Iphones. In this case, its certainly true! LOL :smiley:

I must have access to tubgirl videos!

I have an iphone and I despise it. Touch screens will never be for me.

iPhone is pretty and ‘swooshy’ and all, but Android for the win really. You have much more choice on the spec of your phone, so can have either a cheaper one or a superior one depending on your requirements.

The iPhone locks you in to the apple way of doing things, apple approved apps, no pr0n, yearly release cycles making you want a new one blah blah.

I really don’t see the iphone as better at anything other than it’s user interface. It has tons of apps, true, but android with catch up soon, at least in terms of apps you might actually want/use. As you mentioned anyway it’s all about calls and messaging really anway, apps will get tired/unused.

The Samsung looks nice, tho I think I am going for the HTC desire.

[quote]bangthedj (18/10/2010)[hr]iPhone is pretty and ‘swooshy’ and all, but Android for the win really. You have much more choice on the spec of your phone, so can have either a cheaper one or a superior one depending on your requirements.

The iPhone locks you in to the apple way of doing things, apple approved apps, no pr0n, yearly release cycles making you want a new one blah blah.

I really don’t see the iphone as better at anything other than it’s user interface. It has tons of apps, true, but android with catch up soon, at least in terms of apps you might actually want/use. As you mentioned anyway it’s all about calls and messaging really anway, apps will get tired/unused.

The Samsung looks nice, tho I think I am going for the HTC desire.[/quote]

my iphone is jailbroken, so i can customise pretty much anything :slight_smile:

Still pants that you had to do that though!

[quote]ICN (16/10/2010)[hr] its just that I can get 400mins & 400txts with 2gb DL for €25pm.

Thats a great deal for over here.

[/quote]

Jesus thats fair cheap…

actually come to think of it id bet even Jesus himself pays more for his phone than that and hes the bosses son.

I got the iphone 4 around 2 weeks ago and i have to say its good an everything but the novelty wears off pretty quick,

its handy for checkin mail, sports results and stuff, and i did manage to hook it up to Traktor and use it as a midi controller but that novelty soon ran out inall,

I woulda stuck with my clapped out k800i iv had the past 3 years only the poor guy sadly passed away.

I deal with phones in work everyday and if i was to give you my honest opinion id say no matter what phone they are giving you with that deal… “TAKE THE HAND AN ALL OFF EM”

Cool B - Thanks for that.

Mrs ICN works for E ircom, so its a staff perk.

Yeah… think I’m gonna get it. I’ll put an Apple Logo on it :smiley:

Icn, if you don’t get an iPhone, you won’t be in with the cool people! :wink:

I’ve always been a cnut. Not gonna change now :smiley:

Having my phone nicked this afternoon has made this a must get now.

Left it by the PC in College (****in PC’s) - Left the building, realised  - went back in - gone.

Talking 2 minutes Max.

There was a sheepish nerdy Guy sat there who was claiming the 5th… **** all I could do other than start searchin him.

Phone is still on & sent a text  - not answering.

I’ll give it an hour, then I’ll turn it off. Sickening, cos theres loads of photos of my boy on it. Have the majority of them backed up - but you know the way it is. Its a cnut.

So, take the photos from your phones tonight Guys - We’re due a backup around now.

****ing Students. Wnak. It was one of those Slim Metal Nokias - No chance of getting it back.

And that is the sole reason I’d never take any ‘home movies’ with a mobile phone…

Sorry to hear that though dude.

Deffo… Home movies… Nah…

Holiday Moves on the other hand… :wink:

haha!

Got my phone back today. Went into College & it was there.

The Texts that I sent to it last night before I blocked it had been read.

I said things like “Please help me get my phone back. There are lots of photos of my Son that we will lose forever if its not returned… Boo-Hoo etc… etc…”

Really went for the emotional blackmail - rather than the "You ****ing C U N T " line.

Seems to have worked! Sweet.

Still getting new phone - but totally delighted that I’ve got the Pic’s back.