Another one from me

Hi peoples,

in the midst of all the riot stuff going on i thought i’d share a new track with you…

It is called knetter, because… well i am knetter stoned :slight_smile:

Maligne - Knetter

hmm guess it needs more work to get attention :hehe:

i thought it was an interesting track with some nice vatiation, i’d probably cut it down to 6 mins myself but yeah, sounded a bit different :slight_smile:

thanks Ekko!!

I am with ekko on this - too long (LOL the irony - considering I rarely do a track less than 8 mins) or needs more variation

Cool groove Wouter - Possibly needs a bit more variation, or maybe some different sounds.

I think the ride / snare combo - though I like it, doesnt sound as fresh as yr bottom end. Its well heavy mate - Love that broken beat vibe. Really cool groove.

I think you need the “tops” to be more skippy - even having that 2-step garage vibe snare/crack, with a good hat pattern, would really lift it. You sometimes hear that in broken beat often & its really lively. That bottom end is relentless, and tough - but bouncy as fk… I’d say if you stuck a few skippy snares / whatever - like the Carbon Snare (high) in drumracks Snares section - it would really lift it.

Both those Carbon snares are cool - but especially the High one, if you increase the stretch in the Macro.

:cool:

I like the bassline and the vox. Though, agree with the peeps above that it needs more variation. If you add more variation, then you can keep the length it is at. Oh and what does knetter mean?

thanks a lot for all the comments guys. I’ll try out some new ideas and the tips i got from reading your comments!

At p-shot… knetter means massivly high on cannabis :wink:

you guys probably get good weed in holland :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: all there is here is nasty **** :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah man… the percentage of THC is so high they’re considering controlling and limiting it…

I started smoking hasj cause it is to high for me now… can’t get anything done anymore when i smoke weed :slight_smile:

I wish I was Dutch :wink:

I refuse to consider being Dutch until they sort the fkn names out!! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :cool:

i see only one problem being dutch…

the ***** weather in this country… it suxx

so i have a question… (while being intoxicated with palinka, gotta love my romanian friends)

i get it a lot, the comment of more variation… i took an effort in putting more variation in the arrangement of my elements in this track… still i got the comment…

my question is this… do you guys mean more variation in the arrangements but not adding more sounds or adding more sounds to create the variations?

it would help me a lot… cause i am confused at the moment…

haha i’m geographically in the north of ireland so i can relate :stuck_out_tongue:

Ill be completely honest I don’t like it compared to “distant traveller” I think you found the formula on DT, you set the bar high with that track man. I was hoping to hear more tracks like that tbh :cool::cool:

I think you should rough it up a bit! lol maybe throw distortion on the maste 100% wet lol ;):hehe:

[quote]Mussi81 (14/08/2011)[hr]Ill be completely honest I don’t like it compared to “distant traveller” I think you found the formula on DT, you set the bar high with that track man. I was hoping to hear more tracks like that tbh :cool::cool:

I think you should rough it up a bit! lol maybe throw distortion on the maste 100% wet lol ;):hehe:[/quote]

Thanks James! I’ll have a good listen that that one and try to find out how i did it haha :wink:

i think the variation thing can depend on a few things, how you build it up, what unique things you have going off here and there, other things like: ok so youve built it up so far and cant really go any further with that loop, strip it back down and take the track in a different direction for a bit, i personally dont like saying there isnt enough variation cos i still believe there isnt enough in my own tracks, but thats probably cos i’m a lazy producer who wants instant results at the moment :stuck_out_tongue:

have a listen to this, its maybe not the kinda techno youre into but notice how he stretches the track out with a different section and subtle evolving variations…

http://soundcloud.com/nthnfk/walls-gaberdine-nathan-fake-long-remix

Many thanks ekko!! I’ll check it out when i come home from climbing tonight…