Another project scrapped

I have spent a good couple of weeks ( weekends and evenings) on a track and I’m sick of it. Gonna scrap it now an move on I think. Thought I had finished it then I started to play with it and change a few thing because I wasn’t happy. Now I’ve had enough

Anyone else been through this?

Nope just you :slight_smile:

We all have unfinished projects I am sure - whats worse I had this really great Dub Tech 16 bar loop which I exported and really liked - then I started messing around with parameters saved it and now it sounds rubbish

Oh I forgot to add just return to it in a few months or even a year

Plus not sure if you followed my chat on facebook where Nierch said Its only techno

yeah i’m having this now, almost finished a new track, just need to do the transitions and automation during the build and outro but I dont really like it anymore. Really annoying as I’ve put a lot into it.

Anyway I’ve decided I’m gonna finish it and see if anyone elses likes it or not. I might just be fed up with it cause I’ve heard it so much but then again its normally a sign of being nothing special…

[quote]slender (15/03/2011)[hr]We all have unfinished projects I am sure - whats worse I had this really great Dub Tech 16 bar loop which I exported and really liked - then I started messing around with parameters saved it and now it sounds rubbish[/quote]

Not sure if its something that ya do…

But I always save versions of whatever I’m working on.

XX

XX Arrange

XX Arrange 2

Etc…

Just when I feel something major ie: a change coming on… or experimentation with a new section / arrangement - I basically create a restore point.

I’ve totally got the same problem. Still… I’m constantly learning  :cool:

[quote]ICN (15/03/2011)[hr][quote]slender (15/03/2011)[hr]We all have unfinished projects I am sure - whats worse I had this really great Dub Tech 16 bar loop which I exported and really liked - then I started messing around with parameters saved it and now it sounds rubbish[/quote]

XX

XX Arrange

XX Arrange 2

Etc…

Just when I feel something major ie: a change coming on… or experimentation with a new section / arrangement - I basically create a restore point.

I’ve totally got the same problem. Still… I’m constantly learning:cool:[/quote]

I’ve recently started doing this as well. I had a couple projects the past few months get corrupted or ruined on a drunken friday night. nothing more infuriating then losing a whole project and hours of your life.

but on another note…

I have been really going crazy at the start of a project. If the melody doesnt sound good in an 8 bar loop or 16 bar loop… then its not good enough and I don’t go any further. I just keep at it until I make it something that I can deal with listening 2 on repeat.

Yeah… have been doing something similar to that. Its called honesty. LOL

Give it a chance - try it - If its sh!t - Delete the channel.

Start again.

No prisoners :smiley:

[quote]ICN (15/03/2011)[hr]Yeah… have been doing something similar to that. Its called honesty. LOL

Give it a chance - try it - If its sh!t - Delete the channel.

Start again.

No prisoners :D[/quote]

LOL. exactly.

Its pretty easy to hear something and think its OK. But is it great? is it 10/10?

probably not.

[quote]ICN (15/03/2011)[hr][quote]slender (15/03/2011)[hr]We all have unfinished projects I am sure - whats worse I had this really great Dub Tech 16 bar loop which I exported and really liked - then I started messing around with parameters saved it and now it sounds rubbish[/quote]

XX

XX Arrange

XX Arrange 2

Etc…

I’ve totally got the same problem. Still… I’m constantly learning  :cool:[/quote]

ive started doing this recently, now i find i have 5 copies of sh!t lol

I have about 10 or more of mine! every time I change something major I give it a sub name

Music Tech talk in Off Topic?

This Forum is going down the pan!

Most of my tunes are like this!