Another tech house track

hello everyone,

let me know what you guys can say about this one here, I already played it in a few locations and people loved it.

thx for you time

cmon guys :stuck_out_tongue: dont just listen, i need your feedback

thx

your synth is too loud let the percussion lead your track. your bassline is covering up your kick. what i mean is the kick lands on the 1,2,3,4th beat of each bar, the bass goes in between those beats. check out some of my tracks like alpha waves. the bass is in between the kicks not on top of them.

otherwise you got the idea settled, just a little refinement needed:P

[quote]Walshyyy (04/03/2012)[hr]your synth is too loud let the percussion lead your track. your bassline is covering up your kick. what i mean is the kick lands on the 1,2,3,4th beat of each bar, the bass goes in between those beats. check out some of my tracks like alpha waves. the bass is in between the kicks not on top of them.

otherwise you got the idea settled, just a little refinement needed:P[/quote]

Hey Walshyyy, thank you for your honest feedback. I always prefer it that way than just “oh its nice”. However the loud synth you mean probably the bass overdrive, which was my intention. Where did your hear the track?

heard it right here on my KRK 8’s. if your going for tech house… then the kick is your main priority. the bass overdrive is way too much in my opinion and covers the kick up. in tech house the bass should be dirty but not that dirty.

put a compressor on a send and send your kick to it fully, max the ratio and turn the threshold down then up the volume by 7-8 db… i think the old techno tutorial SA has shows NY compression really well, but they say to up the volume to 10. I think thats too much