Any ableton acapella warping wizards around?

I have an acapella that im trying to get to 128bpm but i just for the life of me cant get it to sound right, let me also state i hate warping acapellas in live it gives me too much headache and i think SA need to do a full tutorial on it as its fkin insane how much this does my nogging in, but if anyone can take a crack at this acapella and get it to 128 for me please let me know…

Its a verse and a chorus part and it needs to fit to a 4 to the floor house beat at 128bpm…

[url]http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/4897818/file.html[/url]

I’m pretty good at warping to be honest, just lazy that’s all :stuck_out_tongue:

Will u have a go at this for me plzzzz roben i will give you my moog taurus subs if u do lol…

I can tell you how to do it.

Cut up the vocals parts, then place the vocal bits where you need them to be sung, use your time stretch on them and personally i like to use complex pro with my envelope right up.

You then use the warp transients to mark out and stretch any bits that sound a bit odd, for example if the vocal is being sped up, you’ll find the end of some words sounding a bit quick, you just put a transient marker somewhere before the bit of the word, then just after, then you stretch out the transient marker at the end till the word sounds a little more ‘natural’.

Actually thinking about it now, there is a FM video of D.O.N.S knocking about on the internet no doubt, and he goes a lot into vocal warping showing you exactly what i’ve just mentioned!

You got a link for that vid mate?

No i’ve only got it on DVD, but everything else from FM and CM seems to be on youtube or google videos, try doing a google search for ‘in the studio with D.O.N.S’, or something similar.

Yeah I did but theres nothing…

hey dude. put a click track on and try to line up everything so that its warped to the beat. You will have to do this manually for the most part. As long as you arent changing the speed too much, you should be ok. But make sure to put it on complex or complex pro.

Do you know the BPM of the vocal (ie is it from a track who’s BPM you can find out?)

This vid might help, its for Traktor, but some principles might be useful?

Prepping Acappellas in Traktor - DJ TechTools

I think the original bpm is 140…

I did a quick and dirty warping for you - still not perfect, but you should be able to work something out from this one. There’s a 4 bar intro, and it’s at 128 bpm.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?322zkfcx66yff6m

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5676m1vpgqy5lkf

Edit: Forgot to add the chorus link

Hey mate thanx for this the chorus bit seems good but the verse is totally wrong shes singing way too fast or it seems she is, also does she start singing on the beat or before the beat?

[quote]jjdejong0 (23/03/2011)[hr]…the verse is totally wrong shes singing way too fast or it seems she is, also does she start singing on the beat or before the beat?[/quote]

Last thing first: Yes, she starts singing just before the downbeat. As for the tempo, I might have made it twice as fast as it should be :slight_smile: (I have no clue about the original tune) I’ll have a quick look at the verse again…

Mate can you send me a file over with the verses and chorus over a kick beat i just cant get it to sit right over the beat…

This has to be one of the most awkward acapellas ever…

No problem, I’ll send you a PM