Any chance of the videos being made iPad friendly

I know about the whole flash vs apple thing, but a ton of sites have adapted.

To me the iPad is a great device to have in the studio to use alongside my computer so I can use ableton whilst I watch the videos.

Hey man,

I already asked Phil about this, and they are looking into doing this. However, they have to rebuild their media player for the website.

On a side note, I just got the Korg iElectribe. Lemme tell you, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING drum machine. Its the first app on both the iPad or iPhone that I am actually gonna hook it to my audio interface and drop in the beats that I made.

[quote]howiegroove (03/06/2010)[hr]Hey man,

I already asked Phil about this, and they are looking into doing this. However, they have to rebuild their media player for the website.

On a side note, I just got the Korg iElectribe. Lemme tell you, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING drum machine. Its the first app on both the iPad or iPhone that I am actually gonna hook it to my audio interface and drop in the beats that I made.[/quote]

I’ve played with this as well Howie. It’s tres chic!!! I want to get an iPad just for this program! :smiley:

Raymond

If I could watch videos on my iPhone that would be handy, not really practical but good all the same.

I’m gonna check the electribe app but I used to have one but sold it and put toward a machinedrum, now that would be an app!

Ideally shouldn’t they make the iPad video compatible ! :wink:

It’s not just flash I understand, but like every iBlah before it, it only like a few fairly strict formats, is that right?

Laughable really when you think about it. (Not dissing the thing generally, just apples ever controlling ways!)

[quote]bangthedj (05/06/2010)[hr]Ideally shouldn’t they make the iPad video compatible ! :wink:

It’s not just flash I understand, but like every iBlah before it, it only like a few fairly strict formats, is that right?

Laughable really when you think about it. (Not dissing the thing generally, just apples ever controlling ways!)[/quote]

im a web and software developer so ive dealt with flash/flex and other multimedia platforms and it really depends from what perspective you’re looking at. people thought apple was crazy when they pushed for the usb port with the imac(and look at how much the norm usb is now) and this is what they are trying to do with html5(which yes is far far far from being finished). the more they deny flash, the more people will develop on other platforms and the more adobe will try to clean flash up. its always going to be black or white with apple no middle ground lol the same way people view them, either you hate em or love em.

Berwin, I too work in web design, and find it equally annoying when things are not standards complient that really should be etc.

I just find apples “our way or the highway” approach a litte bit unhelpful.

People cream over their products but often they provide a much lower feature set than you would get from something opensource.

I know they probably think they have their reasons etc, but the idea of launching a new competitor for the laptop, that can’t play some of the most popular codecs etc seems just annoying to me.

That’s aside from the flash thing, this is much more basic.

As for the original post. I used to use Videora converter for the iPod, not sure if they’ve updated it for the ipad resolutions yet?

[quote]bangthedj (05/06/2010)[hr]

People cream over their products but often they provide a much lower feature set than you would get from something opensource.

[/quote]

Hey man, I dont know anything about flash programming and all that shiz, so Im not arguing, but there are plenty open source programs on the Mac.

From what I hear, flash is really unstable. At least thats what they say. And the reason that I understand that it isnt on the iPad and iPhone is because of how unstable it is and how often it crashes.

Like I said, I dont know anything about programming video and stuff, but perhaps you guys could give a little bit of insight.

[quote]bangthedj (05/06/2010)[hr]Berwin, I too work in web design, and find it equally annoying when things are not standards complient that really should be etc.

I just find apples “our way or the highway” approach a litte bit unhelpful.

I know they probably think they have their reasons etc, but the idea of launching a new competitor for the laptop, that can’t play some of the most popular codecs etc seems just annoying to me.

That’s aside from the flash thing, this is much more basic.

As for the original post. I used to use Videora converter for the iPod, not sure if they’ve updated it for the ipad resolutions yet?[/quote]

oh i totally agree not liking apples approach, but im sitting here typing and also watching flash video overheating my laptop from the cpu/gpu usage (which is their number one reason to deny flash, its a hog no matter how you put it) O_O as for the open source thing in regards to apple, that is just not how they operate since they want complete control of their ecosystem. I am not trying to defend apple here but i have come to understand that is just how their company’s mentality is. Theyre products are one big monolith and they brand it with an apple, some people dont like theyre approach and some do. on a lenovo laptop, if the hardware breaks your beef is with lenovo, if software breaks you take your beef with microsoft, if an apple product’s software or hardware breaks your beef is with apple and nobody else.

in the end you cant have it all, and apple are just weighing their options just like all the other companies. theyre trading off flash for more battery life and to actually push people away from developing flash. If they didnt the industry would probably never move away from flash.

[quote]bangthedj (05/06/2010)[hr]

[/quote]

even opensource has its con’s, you have to admit that. i guess thats why people have this animosity with apple because of its users creaming over its product. i know i cringe everytime someone says their ipad is magical lol. btw bangthedj, by web design do you mean you work on graphics/content/presentation or did you mean you were a programmer/software developer ? lol anyways lets get back to talking about music hahaha

Mainly front end stuff, XHTML/CSS etc, but I do back end stuff too when needed. The two co-exist imo… but yeah.

Despite the various views and opinions and yes the ipad could be more ‘versatile’ but honestly this is one of the most versatile gadgets I’ve owned. Such a perfect size and easy to use. Some people don’t want a laptop or a computer they just want a gadget that does stuff.

I fall in to the camp of just wanting one because i thought it was cool.

Whatever way you look at it, there are many iphones in circulation and many ipads too so catering for those is a smart move for any website really.

[quote]nohero (06/06/2010)[hr]Despite the various views and opinions and yes the ipad could be more ‘versatile’ but honestly this is one of the most versatile gadgets I’ve owned. Such a perfect size and easy to use. Some people don’t want a laptop or a computer they just want a gadget that does stuff.

I fall in to the camp of just wanting one because i thought it was cool.

Whatever way you look at it, there are many iphones in circulation and many ipads too so catering for those is a smart move for any website really.

[/quote]

True, i’ve lost count how many people have Iphones and don’t actually use it for anything other than phoning and texting?!