Any feedback/ideas on some prog trance

Hey guys,

I’m working on this upbeat melodic prog trance track and wanted to thoughts on the melodies/hooks… Average? OK?

Completely changed from where I started with this, it was gonna be a deep prog house track:

Hi etl,

I like the first one best.  There’s only one thing bothering me about it: there’s a second set of -what I believe to be- a triangle-waveform synth melody starting around 1:45.  And there’s already a similar one playing from a few bars earlier.  It’s getting a bit confusing and too busy to me on that point.  Maybe try another waveform or instrument for one of those two, to make it sound less similar, might cure this.

On another note: You say you started out making something deeper, why not try and turn down the bpm and make it a little more lo-fi?  It could make a very nice nu-disco-track. :cool: Find a nice 707-ish-kick or something, make the stabs a bit less edgy, maybe throw in some juno-pad or something, some french chick talking… I’m just brainstorming here… No need to follow my directions, but if you ever need a remix, that’s how I’d approach this one :wink:

cheers!

Nico

i wasnt so keen on aztech tho i think it has potential, yeah i found that second lead that came in a bit not fitting so well too but its not bad stuff, theres plenty of other stuff youve done that i like alot more tho, as you know :slight_smile:

i been listening to this guy alot of late, its kinda at the ‘cooler’ end of prog and trance: Stream Lanny May | Listen to music albums online for free on SoundCloud, but yeah if you got the production as punchy and sharp as this dude, this kinda stuff would probs be a piece of cake for you :slight_smile:

Hey…

Just listened to both tracks. The second one is much better then the first. The levels are spot on and it has a solid feel all the way through. Seems really well produced and mastered. Only problem with second one is it just doesn’t seem to go anywhere. I’m not sure what genre it is supposed to be…

Keep up the good work though. From what i hear from the second track you could easily make a name for yourself…

Second one was way better, but it seemed like the tracks never went anywhere Add mor FX an automation to make it more Alive. :slight_smile:

if i were you (for the first track) i would try to…:

…give much more LP filter to the synth which starts from 0:15, and give it a cutoff automation to brighten up as the progression goes…

…give more space to that saw-waved synth by using reverb with 3-7 sec of rev. time…

…from around 1:31 introduce some sub bass which is HP filtered out before the break ends…

…wash out the sounds by giving them longer delay and sustain as we come closer to the end of the breakdown…

…use some epic pads as the progression goes. my experience is that pad sounds which fit really well with the other sounds contribute so much to the overall space.

second track: the progression is not dramatic enough, it is a little bit slow for me. from around 1:16 to 2:16 the song remains almost the same. but it’s only me, and i might have different taste regarding this one, or you did it on purpose.

these are just my ideas. anyway, great tracks, typical D style :cool: