you want free mastering plug-ins that you are willing to pay for :crazy:

basically speaking all you want is

Compressor

Equalization

Mutliband Compressor

Limiter

Stereo Image

Channel Gain

I would Set it up like EQ, COMP, EQ, MUTLI COMP, LIMITER.

use the first eq to cut away anything that needs cutting so that the compressor next in line doesn’t have to work so hard and is only compressing the freqs that you want to compress, next the compressor goes in to help glue the sounds together followed by another EQ to give back a little shine that the compressor may have taken away, this can then be followed by a multi band to help balance the clarity and punch of the over all mix and finally the limiter to catch any peaks that may have escaped the compressor and help boost the overall volume.

but i’m now pro

yeh i didnt mean to put in “free” in the post:S:S

ok do all them things come in Live? or should i dowload them? tanks

u can try to master with ur DAW plug ins , but i strongly recommend that someone else do the mastering for u . leave the rest to the Pros unless u go to school for it .:slight_smile:

go to kvr, they have a 25 piece mixing and mastering plugin collection free. dont remeber what there called

[quote]jon_fisher (13/06/2010)[hr]STRANGEST POST EVER!!! lol

Compressor

Equalization

Mutliband Compressor

Limiter

Stereo Image

Channel Gain

use the first eq to cut away anything that needs cutting so that the compressor next in line doesn’t have to work so hard and is only compressing the freqs that you want to compress, next the compressor goes in to help glue the sounds together followed by another EQ to give back a little shine that the compressor may have taken away, this can then be followed by a multi band to help balance the clarity and punch of the over all mix and finally the limiter to catch any peaks that may have escaped the compressor and help boost the overall volume.

but i’m now pro[/quote]

yeah, most if not all DAW’s come with the essential tools to do a basic mastering strip

[quote]tommyt (13/06/2010)[hr]go to kvr, they have a 25 piece mixing and mastering plugin collection free. dont remeber what there called[/quote]

yeahh tommy i actually did download alot of Freebies there. really goo website

[quote]alinenunez (13/06/2010)[hr]u can try to master with ur DAW plug ins , but i strongly recommend that someone else do the mastering for u . leave the rest to the Pros unless u go to school for it .:)[/quote]

Yup…dont do it yourself. Waste of time unless thats the direction you want to head in in music.

[quote]jon_fisher (13/06/2010)[hr]STRANGEST POST EVER!!! lol

Compressor

Equalization

Mutliband Compressor

Limiter

Stereo Image

Channel Gain

but i’m now pro[/quote]

Cheers Jon - this is one of the most useful posts I’ve ever seen! I’m going to give it a go…

[quote]wickedged (15/06/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (13/06/2010)[hr]STRANGEST POST EVER!!! lol

Compressor
Equalization
Mutliband Compressor
Limiter
Stereo Image
Channel Gain

but i’m now pro[/quote]

Cheers Jon - this is one of the most useful posts I’ve ever seen! I’m going to give it a go…[/quote]

yep thanks jon

how do u get someone to master for u then? it cost much?

depends, but a good mastering job will run you $100-$150

this is a good tutorial for mastering. It for basic mastering but will help you get your tracks to a level where you can play them out

[url]http://www.benvesco.com/blog/mastering/2007/modern-mastering/[/url]

Hey a friend of mine is a nice mastering engineer and good rates as well, think he charges between £25-£45 per track.

Im in the process of creating is studio website, but his details are on the contact page

http://www.madhattermuzik.co.uk

@howie cool cos im 17 and can totally afford that:):L