Anyone from New Zealand?

what are your video buffering speeds like?

we have a customer from NZ who is getting a bad connection just wondering if its a local thing or all of NZ?

thanks

[quote]phil johnston (08/04/2010)[hr]what are your video buffering speeds like?

we have a customer from NZ who is getting a bad connection just wondering if its a local thing or all of NZ?

thanks[/quote]

if you send me to NZ phil i’ll be more than happy to find out for you :slight_smile:

[quote]jon_fisher (08/04/2010)[hr][quote]phil johnston (08/04/2010)[hr]what are your video buffering speeds like?

thanks[/quote]

if you send me to NZ phil i’ll be more than happy to find out for you :)[/quote]

Well if your sending Jon, I would be happy to sacrafice my weekend on Formula One race days as I read somewhere that spectators find it very hard to log on too the site - so I would say flight and tickets for the race would surfice - I think a couple of seasons I should be able to nail it - only too happy to be of service:P

I live in Auckland and I can verify that there’s no issues with:

24meg ADSL2 at my house (actually only runs about 10 meg)

4 meg normal ADSL at my old house

2 meg normal ADSL at a mates house

Also runs sweet at work, but that’s a shared local super pipe (gig’s)

If you can find out where he is I’ll try to find someone that can test near him.

To be fair, NZ internet is crap but it shouldn’t affect anything on your new servers. The old video host was a lot slower though.

[quote]

Well if your sending Jon, I would be happy to sacrafice my weekend on Formula One race days as I read somewhere that spectators find it very hard to log on too the site - so I would say flight and tickets for the race would surfice - I think a couple of seasons I should be able to nail it - only too happy to be of service:P[/quote]

Dude, F1 wouldn’t last 5 mins over here, the roads are too crap, plus the guys that build the track would probably forget to make it a loop and everyone would end up in a forest somewhere.

A1 is the closest that makes it over here.