Anyone here using a Vestax VCI-100?

Looking into getting one of these and after some user feedback.

cheers :wink:

yeah they are great i have one and love it but would say that the xponenent even though imo not as nice to use is also worth a look because it can be rewired into logic, ableton, cubase and also supports vst instruments and effects

Yeah iv seen the xponent but not sold on it (It looks like a big toy in my eyes). Iv used traktor for a while and think the quality has got really good in the latest pro update. Im also thinking about getting a NI maschine which integrates really well with traktor.

Im thinking about getting a vci100 special edition from djtechtools such as this one:

[url]http://techtools.myshopify.com/collections/midi-controllers/products/vci-100se[/url]

Have you used any .tsi configurations from there site as they are really impressive.

to be honest when i used the tsi files from techtools they all seem pointed toward turntablists and other were very glitchy. i only use the vci as a flash mp3 player at the moment lol.

i got it around 6 months ago and have used it about 3 times to mix with.

they are great, but i miss my vinyl set up, the decks are still there abd so is my mixer but i have no room to put them out.

how much do they cost these days? are they still around the £400 area

[quote]jon_fisher (8/10/2009)[hr]they are great, but i miss my vinyl set up, the decks are still there abd so is my mixer but i have no room to put them out.[/quote]

Amen to that, worst day ever selling my 1210s but using vinyl was just so expensive and a headache.

I will regret selling my cdjs also but for how often I use them cannot justify keeping them. Especially when I think that for what I make selling them could buy a laptop, traktor, vci 100 and a nord lead 3! I only really play at house or after partys and so something smaller would be much better.

I think there about £400 but on that dance tools site you can get a modified one for just over £300 (+ delivery on top).

Iv also heard the tsi files are a bit over the top for your average joe. Probably adjust them to my needs.

Was yours the black or silver jon? I know the djtechtools tsi’s were indeed glitchy if you didnt upgrade the firmware.

I just know I will go through with this and then pioneer will release cdjmk4s!

mine is the silver version, it has the upgraded firmware and all the tsi files work on it but some of the guys on the techtools forums have tried to hard to out do the next guy and have missed the point that they are designed for mixing and although most of the tsi files are great to play with they really are crap to try and mix with lol.

its a great bit of kit and it will make mixing more fun, but be prepared for at least a months worth of reading and setting it up to how you want it lol.

i very nearly chucked mine in the bin after the first two days of owning it.

also if you want it just for mixing two decks the traktor le that comes with it is great although i would recommend that you upgrade to traktor pro.

also out of all the midi controllers on the market it feels the best when you touch it real solid build and nice finish

another thing to take into consideration is the black version that i used became very grimy looking after only a few hours use. so if you want it to look nice on your desk keep the polish nearby lol.

black was always gonna collect the finger prints and grubby hand marks quicker. would work better if they did it in a mat black

[quote]mine is the silver version, it has the upgraded firmware and all the tsi files work on it [/quote]

Is it hard to update the firmware as im thinking of just modifying it myself. The arcade button mod looks great but so expensive from that site.

[quote]but some of the guys on the techtools forums have tried to hard to out do the next guy and have missed the point that they are designed for mixing and although most of the tsi files are great to play with they really are crap to try and mix with lol.[/quote]

Yeah the videos on that site crack me up, that ian guy is like: “press this button three times, turn this knob 43 degrees then tap this slider 9 times and that will start the track!” :slight_smile:

Well not quite that bad but every control indeed has about 3 - 4 functions.

[quote]its a great bit of kit and it will make mixing more fun, but be prepared for at least a months worth of reading and setting it up to how you want it lol.[/quote]

Really, that long? Does it come with a tsi editor or is it all done inside traktor?

[quote]also if you want it just for mixing two decks the traktor le that comes with it is great although i would recommend that you upgrade to traktor pro.[/quote]

Definitively, the upgrade from the included LE is quite cheap also which is another bonus of the vci100.

[quote]another thing to take into consideration is the black version that i used became very grimy looking after only a few hours use. so if you want it to look nice on your desk keep the polish nearby lol.

black was always gonna collect the finger prints and grubby hand marks quicker. would work better if they did it in a mat black[/quote]

Surprising how many people have mentioned this but the overlays on that site are finger-print proof (or so they say).

cheers jon boy :wink:

to be fair i asked the guys before they shipped it to update the firmware and it arrived all updated so no problems there.

tsi files are all done inside traktor they can be quite hard to set up but there are a few on the web that you’ll probably use for a while unitl you get used to adjusting.

the finger print version is not finger print proof lol

sorry for the late reply had my head caught up in other things lol

[quote]jon_fisher (8/12/2009)[hr]to be fair i asked the guys before they shipped it to update the firmware and it arrived all updated so no problems there.

[/quote]

Did you buy your vci100 from djtechtools? Sorry for all these questions and thanks for answering them :wink: