Anyone Recommend A decent Audio Interface & Midi Keyboard Compatible With Live

I am looking a new midi keyboard and audio interface.

These are the keyboards i have been looking at:

Akai MPK 49

Axiom Pro 49

Axiom 49

NOVATION SL49 MK II

Or can anyone recommend anything better?

i am just lookin some advice before i spend the dosh.

As far as audio interfaces go i am lookin something mid range dont want to break the bank.

Any advice would be most helpful

Thanks

For a midi keyboard, I have an MPK49. Personally, I would get the MPK25. Depends on what you need it for, I suppose. I also heard that Novation makes some amazing stuff.

For an audio interface…hmmmmm…

I have a Presonus Fire Studio Mobile… I <3 it. ALOT! I went through a MOTU, M-Audio Profire, and now the Presonus. I have yet to hook up the Presonus to my Prophet because I’m waiting for it to come back from Cali (getting POTS installed). I hated the M-Audio. It crackled on the input for the Prophet and it had a low output. The MOTU sounded the best out of the bunch but the routing was quite difficult. It was a hassle. Thats the last thing I want to fiddle with. And on top of that MOTU’s support completely blows chuncks! Other then that, the Presonus has been a godsend. It sounds amazing (almost as good as the MOTU), and has given me no issues. On top of that, it is loud. But I will update this when I get my prophet hooked up tomorrow.

OH YEAH…the Firestudio Mobile is super cheap too. Its like $299. The Profire was $399, and the MOTU was $549. The only thing is that the MOTU had a TON of ins and outs. Im gonna daisy chain a Fire Studio Project to get more ins and outs on the Presonus.

I used to own the Novation Sl25 Mk II and sold it. Feels very cheap and nasty, and Automap is a complete pain in the arctics to use. I’ve heard the Akai’s are solid.

[quote]wickedged (13/05/2010)[hr]I used to own the Novation Sl25 Mk II and sold it. Feels very cheap and nasty, and Automap is a complete pain in the arctics to use. I’ve heard the Akai’s are solid.[/quote]

the new automap is amazing.

I’ve just bought a ZeRo sl MkII and it’s absoloutely changed my workflow for the better, really enjoying it, and really solid bit of kit.