Audio Samples won't work

I’m going through the How to make Dubstep Tutorial, I’ve downloaded the audio samples file and extracted them all however when I assigned them to the Drum map on Cubase using Groove Agent One when I clicked each of them no sound was played, I tried opening them separately in Windows Media player and that wouldn’t work either. I’m running Cubase on a PC, Gateway laptop, and I kno the files are in AIFF format, I tried reformatting it to WAV still didn’t work in either Cubase or WMP. WMP also gives me the error message, “the codec was not found”. I checked for updates for my sound card drivers and they seem to be as up to date as they can be. Anyone have any other ideas of what I should try, I was stoked to start on that tutorial too and some technical bull like this happens =[ any help would be greatly appreciated.

Btw when the sounds are in the pool, I’m able to preview the sounds fine, its just when they are put on the Drum Map I’m not able to play them.

[quote]UrbanRunner (12/09/2010)[hr]Btw when the sounds are in the pool, I’m able to preview the sounds fine, its just when they are put on the Drum Map I’m not able to play them.[/quote]

hmm

possibly try downloading quicktime? QuickTime Player User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

see if that helps

Thx bryan, no luck. I do have an update on the issue now tho. With my previous project that i was having the issue with hearing those samples, i ended up downloading the abelton zip file and tried their sounds in that download and it worked. Now that I’ve started a new project I go to remap my Drum agent again and again the samples don’t want to work, I’ll try redownloading the abeltons samples and the cubase samples again to see if that’ll do it again but i’m not even sure if that is wat solved my issue last time, I wish I knew wat exactly I did to fix the problem lol.

are you unziping them and moving them to a new folder? or trying to use them from inside the archive?

also try opening them in an audio editor (audacity) and check if they are 32bit files… if so change them to 24bit… some DAWs dont like 32 bit floating point

I just got it working, not really sure wat i did any different but I just reapplyed them to the drum pad again and they decided to work this time lol =P my DAWs just being touchy i guess?