***awesome site updates launch soon****

Hey Folks,

We have a really cool redesign of the site search functionally launching very soon.

We really wanted you to be able to search for individual videos based on topic. so we tagged all 1300 videos with whats in them.

so if you just want all the videos about drum processing or bass programming you can now do it! YAY!

Weve also added ratings and comments for every course so you can tell us what you love or hate about each course!!

Looks Cool!  :slight_smile:

Looks great Phil, this should help a lot of new subscribers.

And also old subscribers… Like if you are working on a bass and need some inspirationi you could just filter all bass stuff and see what cool stuff there is!

Great resource! Means no more trawling folders for individual videos :slight_smile:

Looks really good

[quote]gaunt1et (29/09/2011)[hr]Great resource! Means no more trawling folders for individual videos :)[/quote]

+1 :smiley:

[quote]phil johnston (29/09/2011)[hr]And also old subscribers… Like if you are working on a bass and need some inspirationi you could just filter all bass stuff and see what cool stuff there is![/quote]

This is gonna be soooo helpful

updating this now so things might be a bit wonky for a couple of hours!

Good work. Looks a lot better and easier to use :slight_smile:

should be working now… try leaving a comment and rating and a facebook like if you like like

Had a play with it and works well and looks good. I like it. The only improvement I would suggest would be to mention which tutorials the videos are from when you do a video search.

eg. If you do a search for bass videos, they display - tutorial 10 Sub bass for example, but it deoesn’t say which tutorial set it is from.

Just a suggestion :) 

pretty sure it does that

Ignore that its because I’m not signed in and it has a big “Subscribe” image over it.

Note to self… Think before you speak

I’m sure the new layout/functionality is great, and I see the potential benefit for new subscribers, but I would personally prefer more new content…

Hello,

First post for me ;). The new layout looks great , but i’m not sure about the usability. Having a reload each and every time an option is tick is a bit annoying. The option to have a simple list display mode without the thumbnails would be good so we can get quickly the full list of the tutorials like we had before.

I like the fact that you can filter on more criteria though. Just not a big fan of the implementation of the idea.

But it’s good to see that you are trying to improve the user experience :slight_smile:

Allen

[quote]Allenbl (30/09/2011)[hr]Hello,

First post for me ;). The new layout looks great , but i’m not sure about the usability. Having a reload each and every time an option is tick is a bit annoying. The option to have a simple list display mode without the thumbnails would be good so we can get quickly the full list of the tutorials like we had before.

I like the fact that you can filter on more criteria though. Just not a big fan of the implementation of the idea.

But it’s good to see that you are trying to improve the user experience :slight_smile:

Allen[/quote]

unfortunately we cant currently use AJAX to have the page update without a refresh - but we did optimise the page so that it loads as quick as possible.

duly noted about the course list option though

we will take all feedback onboard and tweak accordingly

Ajax would be cool indeed :smiley:

Thanks for your answer

Allen