Awesome snare transition

I’ve been wanting to make a nice huge snare transition similar to this one at 1:59br
br
object width=“560” height="315"param name=“movie” value=“- YouTube”/paramparam name=“allowFullScreen” value=“true”/paramparam name=“allowscriptaccess” value=“always”/paramembed src=“- YouTube” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” width=“560” height=“315” allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true”/embed/objectbr
br
I’m just having trouble really making it big…what are they throwing on this thing?! It sounds awesome like it might have a light kick behind it with a ton of reverb?? I’ve got the ultimate drums and have been working with those as wellbr
br

Did you have a look at ultimate fx? There are 11 construction kits included all seperated in layers.br
br
You could drop them right in to your track or just study how they are built.br
br
Have a look at the video fore more infobr
br

Those sound awesome but I’m not to keen on the idea of just dragging and dropping in whole build ups when theres thousands of people out there who are using it…Should have done a video course of you guys MAKING the FX now that would’ve been a money maker :Pbr
br
But honestly even in the first three minutes of that first video you guys showed a snare build up that sounded like it was down the path I’m looking for…no tips phil?!br
br
edit: am I getting ahead of myself or do you actually go on to show production methods in those videos?

No we dont go in to it but we defo will at some point.br
br
I really wouldnt feel odd about using them… When we where studying different tracks for the course eveyone as basically doing the same thing.br
br
Its really just various snare kick layers with some filtering… Nothing magical about it really we are just trying to save people time making their own.br
br
We do also suggest you throw these in just to get the track moving then you could redo something bespoke yourself after.br
br
I use them in eveything now… Such a time saver.

I agree with Phil, Most of the time I use audio/sampled white noise risers and falls just to give the track momentum while composing/producing it and then when I go back to full mixdown I either keep those if I like them or make my own in white noise stuff on synthesizers, also sample packs are good to figure out how they do it, even sometimes I look and analyze the melodies and bassline wave files on the sample packs I purchase to see what makes that groove better than the one I write.

Yeah exactly… Its essential that you get a vibe going quickly and keep the momentum going. Spending 2 hours working ondrum fill to ealy inthe tune canruin the flow better to just get something inand work on getting the key elements sorted.br
br
At the end you can go back and sort anything out you ant to change.

I agree with both you guys about keeping the workflow of the project going but thats not the problem I’m having; More just constructing a huge punchy snare that I’m happy with :unsure:

The snares in ultimate drums main room house where designed with fills in mind. Just try layering some up. Maybe abit of kick underneath for a bit of weight.