Bassline Resampling Problem

I have been messing around with bassline resampling but for some reason my low end remains constant when i tweak the lfo. the mids and highs move but my low stays the same, i have been giving myself a headache trying to figure out why this is happening. anyone elese have this problem? anyone have a solution?

thanks!

The Frequencies are too low to oscillate! Just Bump the sound and adda filter and modulate the whole sound with and LFO

[quote]Subject 1 (31/10/2010)[hr]The Frequencies are too low to oscillate! Just Bump the sound and adda filter and modulate the whole sound with and LFO[/quote]

bump the sound?

p.s. are you guys having a lot of success with this technique? i’m definitely finding that this is trial and error. Trying to get that violent sound that Skrillex, 12th Planet, and Excision make. I get fairly close for the small amount of time i’ve spent trying this technique, and yes the sound is dirt but i get a “roar” instead “RRRREEEOOOOORRRRR!!!” I’m talking in terms of the sheer power of the sound. compression perhaps?

Bump to audio…just resample the whole sound into a audio Bus…

and or those awesome modulated voice type sounds use a formant filter and automate it with an LFO youll get those awesome Yiaaaa YAAA type sounds

I’ve been practicing this alot myself. its pretty complicated to get it right. its def trial & error kinda thing.

Sometimes I have the same problem with the LFO until you keep tweaking it. You can get some pretty LOW frequencies to wobble if you do it right. You def need a filter on the low and play with the frequency. Try using the saturator and waveshaper. Some realllly cool results doing that.

I finally figured out the proper way to do this technique and am getting some magnificent results. i find that i get best results by just compressing the low end instead of adding saturation or drive. I can still get low end power without overpowering it, which made me unable to wobble the low end. one thing i suggest to people as well is to resample little 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8 note parts with different effect like pitch bend or filter and effect modulation, get really crazy with the movement if you like, try annyyythang. that way it’s nice to have a folder of soiunds you can just drag and drop into your project that all sort of relate to you main dirty bassline. Instead of messing about with automation and such :wink:

[quote]MidKnight (04/11/2010)[hr]I finally figured out the proper way to do this technique and am getting some magnificent results. i find that i get best results by just compressing the low end instead of adding saturation or drive. I can still get low end power without overpowering it, which made me unable to wobble the low end. one thing i suggest to people as well is to resample little 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8 note parts with different effect like pitch bend or filter and effect modulation, get really crazy with the movement if you like, try annyyythang. that way it’s nice to have a folder of soiunds you can just drag and drop into your project that all sort of relate to you main dirty bassline. Instead of messing about with automation and such ;)[/quote]

I see youve been reading the Dog on acid threads

Huh? No way man, i totally figured that stuff out on my own! :stuck_out_tongue: