Beat repeat and Automation to get djm800 roll effect tutorial

I have been searching everywhere on a tutorial to teach how to use beat repeat and automation to get a roll effect like what you can on the djm800 or a way to reloop and make the loop shorted on audio files, I understand how to do snare drum fills in midi clips but that is alot different to doing it on an audio clip. So would love to finally find out how to do this.

[quote]nathan_robinson13 (17/03/2011)[hr]I have been searching everywhere on a tutorial to teach how to use beat repeat and automation to get a roll effect like what you can on the djm800 or a way to reloop and make the loop shorted on audio files, I understand how to do snare drum fills in midi clips but that is alot different to doing it on an audio clip. So would love to finally find out how to do this.[/quote]

moved to subscriber support

[quote]nathan_robinson13 (17/03/2011)[hr]I have been searching everywhere on a tutorial to teach how to use beat repeat and automation to get a roll effect like what you can on the djm800 or a way to reloop and make the loop shorted on audio files, I understand how to do snare drum fills in midi clips but that is alot different to doing it on an audio clip. So would love to finally find out how to do this.[/quote]

it is pretty simple to do .

load your sample into a simpler device, then manipulate the start and end points to get the same effect.

there was a tech tip not so long ago that showed this in a round about way

check out tech tip 43 !