Beginners Guide to Synths

I reckon they read this forum because this month they have a really good tutorial on Synth Modelling, and Deep house.

The synth tutorial covers the basics of: Oscillators, LFO’s & envelopes, Filters, Sub, Sample based, Modular & FM synthesis.

As examples there are basic tutorials in programming: A lead patch, tuning oscillators, Basic pads, Plucked sounds, FM Bells tones, Fender Rhodes, Vocal sounds & A kick Drum.

At the risk of sounding like an advert for the magazine, it’s all really good and useful basic stuff, the majority with free ware as well. I thought it worth mentioning on here considering a lot of us have been asking for exactly this and it’s a good supplement to the SA tutorials.

hope that helps some one

[quote]Aapie (26/03/2010)[hr]I reckon they read this forum because this month they have a really good tutorial on Synth Modelling, and Deep house.

The synth tutorial covers the basics of: Oscillators, LFO’s & envelopes, Filters, Sub, Sample based, Modular & FM synthesis.

As examples there are basic tutorials in programming: A lead patch, tuning oscillators, Basic pads, Plucked sounds, FM Bells tones, Fender Rhodes, Vocal sounds & A kick Drum.

At the risk of sounding like an advert for the magazine, it’s all really good and useful basic stuff, the majority with free ware as well. I thought it worth mentioning on here considering a lot of us have been asking for exactly this and it’s a good supplement to the SA tutorials.

hope that helps some one[/quote]

Who? It might just be me but i think your post is quite confusing:w00t:

ah sorry, if you look at the title of the thread in the main forum it shows that subheading where I put Computer Music this month, but i didn’t realise it didn’t show within the post.

Basically Computer Music Monthly has a special on synths this month… and also adeep house tutorial.

Cheers dude,
Thought it was Cm nice one:D