Best Place to Start a Track

i guess its trial amd error but how do you generally start your tracks?

do you get a riff 1st then build on that or play around n make it up as you go along.

Think im kind of not sure where to just start off,i kind of start then start all over

i appreshiate anyones replys to my posts :cool:

hey if you need help on how to start a track just check out all the tutorials on this site, i had no idea how to go about starting a track and after subscribing to this site it gave me all the help i needed.

I always start just playing around on the keyboard weather its a bass sound or a lead sound… i just play about with the different synths until something jumps out.

other way is i sample stuff and work round that… i normally ditch the sample in the end. good for sparking ideas.

I usually start with the drums, as i like to work on the groove i’ve created with the drum. Although i do also get insperation from samples/loops i may have too.

I guess whatever way works, i recon down the line i’ll be playing on my MIDI Keyboard and something will jump out like for Phil and i’ll work that way too.

I guess in the end though, it doesn’t really matter what you start with as long as your putting all the elements in it’s going to come out the same anyways.

:slight_smile:

Since i am self learning musician and my skills are not up to a level that i can compose melodies and riffs with ease, i usualy start a track by spending some time to find a melody or simple notes that fit well to my ears and then build on them.

The times that i started by setting the beats and the drums i could not proceed with developing the track…

thanks for the replys so far guys its much apreshiated,i think once i get one track done it might give me a bit more go to do another